Those rectangular foam snow brooms are trash

6 Likes

People are idiots:

9 Likes

“Up periscope!”

5 Likes

We have both the Hopkins Snowbroom (for my wife’s Fiat since it is compact yet can extend) and a SnoBrum from Amazon.

Our SnoBrum has lasted at least 4 winters and has never broken.

1 Like

I believe it does. It just doesn’t seem to happen immediately.

Cool.

Rob B. demonstrated it above.

I hadn’t realized that the bbs added the affiliate code and I felt bad sometimes about posting product links that wouldn’t get BB paid and might siphon off revenue.

Depends on your desire to get into a fight.

I grew up in Texas and now I live in North Carolina. No idea how to drive on snow. Pretty much just close my eyes and hope for the best.

They work great for lots of type of snow and ice. They aren’t as good for the really wet fluffy snow. In that situation they tend to melt the bottom few inches and enough of a gap forms to keep it from really melting the rest.

1 Like

Number one rule (which is also a good number two and number three rule): Slow down. Drive slower, accelerate slower, start braking early so you can decelerate slower, and take turns slower.

If there’s a major event centre or church parking lot that sits empty most of the time, a snow day is a great opportunity to go there and find out how fast is too fast, with lots of room around you.

5 Likes

Assholes like that get people killed.

That is a great description for snow in the Pacific half of the Pacific Northwest.

Except there we’d prolly call it “riced cauliflower” because … ya know … the Pacific Northwest.

3 Likes

Or not

7 Likes

You know, if you’re the kind of driver so skilled that people come and set up camp chairs just to see you pull out of your driveway in the morning - go for it :smiley:

I am very definitely not that guy. I mean, people sometimes might watch me parking, slowly shaking their heads and chuckling. Not quite the same thing.

7 Likes

It’s not just the driver, but the equipment. A pickup truck with bald tires and no weight in the bed is like trying to drive a shopping cart backwards with your pinky finger. An Audi or Subaru with good snow tires makes snowy roads feel like dry pavement.

3 Likes

Completely agree.

1 Like

oblig:

2 Likes

We appreciate your indulgence!

Yet somehow satisfying.

The “novelty item” disclaimer must have been in very fine print.