Thoughtful, devastating critique of Jordan Peterson's "12 Rules for Life"

Well, of course not. It’s in the queue. It’ll happen after the other expressions that she has scheduled first.

13 Likes

This is basically exactly the opposite of what he says. I mean, that’s far closer to what many feminists say, and the whole ‘clean your room’ idea is an argument against the idea that you should look to change society before you change yourself.

1 Like

Damn man, you must be psychic…

10 Likes

Step 1: Start with a basic no-nonsense idea: clean yourself.
Step 2: Vaguely blame culture (Could it be … FEMINISM?)
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Follow me.

19 Likes

If only women would be submissive to men, all of humanities problems would be solved! /s

Also, where do underpants come into this… seems like there were underpants involved? Is that part of step 2, where you demand women’s underpants?

15 Likes

Step 5: PROFIT!

17 Likes

Well, you don’t say that bit out loud. But underpants are a cornerstone of this.

13 Likes

The underpants gnomes were right all along!

10 Likes

Thanks! Side fact: I finally saw the episode this refers to just last week. Though I found it less disturbing or effective than the Babylon 5 episode Intersections in Real Time, but more hopeful and more quotable.

I’ve still adopted the phrase.

6 Likes

That’s not what I asked. Didn’t Jordaddy teach you how to answer a question?

[By the way, Engels, who was not necessarily Marx’s junior partner, was a factory owner.]

That’s exactly what they have to leave unsaid when claiming that Marxism isn’t Western. Drives them nuts.

17 Likes

I haven’t watched any Star Trek eps of any generation in ages, but I remember that one well.

8 Likes

Easily one of the best TNG episodes… One of Patrick Stewarts best performances hands down (right up there with his performance in Logan and in that one TNG episode, The Inner Light…

tng-picard-four-lights

20 Likes

Agreed.

Picard was all about RESIST, before RESIST was even a thing.
Don’t let the fuckers gaslight you into submission.

20 Likes

I love how in that episode he seemed on the brink of giving in, when he got released. Patrick Stewart is just an amazing actor.

20 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

2 Likes

Jeesh… 4/5 of the way through this collection of, mostly, cheap shots, before coming across something actually worth reading… tl;dr, indeed.

Thank you, jsroberts, for improving the conversation.

• s.west
1 Like