After receiving insults for insulting a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, Jordan Peterson departs from Twitter in a snit

Originally published at: After receiving insults for insulting a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, Jordan Peterson departs from Twitter in a snit | Boing Boing

16 Likes

gnCTTLN

53 Likes

I find it ironic that he was complaining about vicious insults after viciously insulting a beautiful model. No one asked him to pass judgement on her appearance.

78 Likes

There are lots of things in this world that I do not find beautiful. I don’t feel compelled to broadcast it on Twitter.

If I did, though, I’d expect to have other people write back, giving their own subjective viewpoints. Sensitive, much?

49 Likes

Just one more thing he doesn’t understand.

33 Likes

But you have to remember that he knows everything about everything, so his statement about the lack of beauty was objective truth, while everyone insulting him is just a mean doodoo head. /s

61 Likes

He’s dangerously close to realizing that if he doesn’t have anything nice to say he shouldn’t say anything at all. I’m sure it won’t come to that though.

50 Likes

Not sure which to focus on:

The oxymoron

authoritarian tolerance

or the self-made-man posturing

I told my staff to change my password

but maybe just the fact that he blithely references writing an article or making a video instead of donating his time on a free site, secure in the knowledge that despite ‘cancel culture’ he will have an audience and make money from those activities.

59 Likes

he didn’t actually leave twitter, unfortunately

17 Likes

65 Likes

It’s almost like he doesn’t understand how Twitter works.

19 Likes

“It’s almost like he doesn’t understand how Twitter works anything about anything and is just a prattling bag of rotten fruit.”

FTFY.

43 Likes

Golly, Jordan, we’re trying our best.

34 Likes

It’s almost as though one of the core elements of modern conservative commentary is an endless appetite for dishing it out and a complete intolerance for taking it.

64 Likes

Well I’d like to see how he would look in a bikini…actually I retract that statement.

24 Likes

Walk a mile in the shoes of the people you spend considerable effort in oppressing, Jordingus, then get back to us.

21 Likes

If the issue is not important enough to justify that then perhaps it would be best to just let it go.

Most people learn “Just because you think it, doesn’t mean you have to say it.” at a much earlier age.

The endless flood of vicious insult is really not something that can be experienced anywhere else.

Ironic that someone would complain about insults on Twitter after (checks notes) making an insult on Twitter.

35 Likes

Well, there’s an interesting turn of phrase.

I’ve noted over the years that I might find someone good looking, but friends or acquaintances would disagree with me, and someone I thought had average looks they might find gorgeous. Doesn’t seem to matter male or female, gay or straight. There’s no accounting for taste, and there’s someone out there who thinks you’re attractive even if you don’t believe it.

If Peterson doesn’t find her attractive, fine, but clearly a lot of people do. Broadcasting it on social media is just shitting on her as well as those of us who agree she’s good looking.

36 Likes

Isn’t that why wimmin exist, tho… to be judged by men… /s

31 Likes

It seems kind of funny that after all the toxic masculine nonsense Peterson has made his fame on, it’s his inability to appreciate a bikini pin-up that finally brought things to this.

37 Likes