Three ways fearful parents are ruining Hallowe'en

Yes because that’s what people want to do with their legally purchased pot. Give it away for free!

Obviously we are agreed that capitalism and the plutocracy it creates is bad news.
But - much like those who would divide the world into wholesome christian suburban families and malevolent strangers - your dichotomy is false. i.e. rejecting one does not necessarily mean an embrace of the other.

edit: to be less obscure, I’m parroting the anarchist line that governments and markets are not actually adversaries at all - in fact they work together so closely that they are more accurately understood as one unified system of social control.

3 Likes

There are “groovy bears”, which look so much like regular gummy bears, that I’m pretty sure they’re just adulterated gummy bears, these weird ass giant gumdrops (kind of like, but much better formed than “normal” big spice drops), etc… etc… Actually, I think that a lot of THC candy edibles are just regular candy with extract added.

Here’s a pic that came up with my incredible google-fu:

But yeah, they are pricey (so I’m told), and if taken out of their clearly labeled bags, what parent is going to let their kid eat repackaged gummies?

It’s nov 1, and no reports of massive child THC intoxications, so…

Man, alcohol infused candy, and they choose tequila? Euurgh!

Are they actually alcohol infused, or just nasty types of alcohol flavored (all of the yuck that is tequila without a buzz?).

3 Likes

I hear you there. I can happily drink rancid malt liqor labeled 8% abv which has been sitting in an open can adjacent to the room’s radiator for a few days, but I won’t drink tequila of any kind even in a sugary cocktail.

Perhaps it’s because I know that Whatever’s been growing in the malt liqor can only come from whatever has been living on or in me. It’s my own personal fermenter.

Or maybe tequila is just the grossest tasting thing short of jet fuel.

I always found the idea so disgusting I never bothered to ask, but digging around I found this, which also comes in other flavors like orange and watermelon. So apparently it is alcohol-free.

I’m still surprised there’s no uproar over it being a gateway candy.

1 Like

You can do it. You have the technology. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My understanding is that most of that is a byproduct of counter-legalization lobbying.

And, admitted, it’s a pretty well crafted propaganda talking point: (unlike many prior propaganda talking points) it is, in fact, true that a psychoactive substance capable of being administered orally and effective at relatively small doses could be slipped into any number of things. This much is undeniable. Of course, this ignores the fact that there are about a zillion things (some so innocuous as to be indistinguishable from the real thing, some overtly and horribly lethal or crippling, most in between) that share this property. Why exactly the depraved hedonists of the mexican devil-weed are going to start now is never clearly articulated.

1 Like

The perpetrators of crimes against children typically do wear costumes that prevent them from being recognized as a threat.

“Family member” and “Trusted figure of authority in the community” are two of the most popular, and suitable for year-round wear…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.