Through internet videos, tracing the African roots of twerk

False equivalency alert: saying he wouldn’t be in the Oval Office if he came across as culturally “black” is not the same thing as saying that he’s successful because of his white mom. And saying that is also not the same thing as pooh-poohing his success and dismissing him. Instead, it’s one way of pointing out that racism and classism are still powerful forces in the U.S.

1 Like

Except what’s the point? You’re not stereotyping whites in the furtherance of any kind of goal, you’re just doing it out of anger and revenge, which is totally self-defeating. Pretty dumb. “Do unto others” actually does work in the long run.

Yeah, that was not what we were saying, at all. But feel free to keep misunderstanding and yelling about things you misread.

1 Like

Good to know… but sad to know that you’ve seen her music videos.

Why are people watching this fucking shit?

It wasn’t her video but rather Robin Thicke’s, who she performed her “duet” with during the VMAs. I watched both Cyrus’ and Thicke’s because I didn’t recognize the references during their performance. Sadly, now I know.

I meant that larger buttocks was genetic, not the ability to do that particular dance
Of course there are black women with flat butts and white women with big butts, I am one of the white women with a big butt. This study Racial differences in body fat distribution among reproductive-aged women - PMC discovered that black women are more likely to carry weight in their legs and hips:

In conclusion, our study demonstrated that racial differences are present in the relationship between BMI and body fat distribution.

I researched this to avoid being accused of racism.

This African dance, while being very sensual, is not obscene. The Miley Cyrus version is made obscene by the addition of the man humping her butt.

The (or a) person who claims to have written Tutti Frutti is a black woman called Dorothy LaBostrie. She shared the royalties with the (label or studio?) owner Rupe and with Little Richard. She says in this video that she got paid regularly and Pat Boone paid his due (along with Elvis, for the songs he sang). Not surprisingly there’s a difference of opinion here and there about who originated the song.

http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/c8234a-interview-with-dorothy-labostrie

Can I do two links in one post? Soon find out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.