'Tiger King' star 'Doc' Antle convicted of felony lion trafficking

Originally published at: 'Tiger King' star 'Doc' Antle convicted of felony lion trafficking | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I was mildly surprised by how many people seemed eager to participate in that documentary series given that almost everyone came off looking like a slimeball and at least a few came off looking like likely felons. The promise of fame sure does make people say and do some pretty dumb stuff on camera.

13 Likes

they’re all arrogant enough to believe that they’re smarter than the authorities and will get away with it, even if they make their crimes more public.

Also, if someone in this doc series was sleazier than the Tiger King himself, it was this guy… he was a true slimeball.

12 Likes

“When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.”
– Some other asshole who had his own TV show once

12 Likes

Trafficking lions who have felonies is obviously not going to turn out well.

8 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (1)

10 Likes

So he’s in a lion traffic jam?

This current spate of sleazy mediocre white men finally seeing some (any!) consequences for the abhorrent behavior they’ve been getting away with for decades is heartening. I hope it continues. Antle gave me the creeps every second he was on screen.

8 Likes

Trafficking something something across staid lions.

4 Likes

I barley paid attention to this drama. Was this guy working with the “Tiger King” guy or with that woman who he was fighting with?

3 Likes

Neither; he wasn’t really part of the central conflict so much as a side figure to further illustrate the legally and ethically shady American subculture of exotic animal breeders.

8 Likes

Sung to the RHCP tune
Put him away, put him away, put him away now

Scumsuckers, the lot.

4 Likes

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Felony lion trafficking? What’s misdemeanor lion trafficking then?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.