Tiger only seems mildly perturbed to have tooth pulled

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/06/tiger-only-seems-mildly-pertur.html

7 Likes

Tiger is all dude stop that tooth hurts… oh wait, it quit now thanks.

10 Likes

Thems are just baby teeth he’s pulling.

6 Likes

That movie Red Dragon led me to believe that tiger dentistry involved more anasthetic.

7 Likes

I’ve never seen the movie so if there’s a joke there I won’t be able to get it however I actually just would have assumed that they’d use anasthetic or at least a strong sedative. Maybe they do use a sedative and that is what a sedated but conscious tiger looks like. That tiger is more chill about having a tooth pulled than my cat is about my feeble attempts at brushing his teeth (I gave up btw… he’s a sweet cat… I can even get him to take medicine without a struggle but the minute the teeth are touched I need protective gear to avoid bloodshed and he sulks for days).

9 Likes

Yeah. Trying to brush a cat’s teeth is like trying to . . . well, it’s like trying to brush a cat’s teeth.

(I think we just created a new cat simile!)

13 Likes

Let’s see him try that with a regular cat. He’ll be covered in claw marks for sure.

5 Likes

Yeah, in the movie the serial killer (who is normally such a sweet guy when he’s not butchering families) takes his blind girlfriend on a date to the zoo so she can feel up a tiger while it’s under sedation to get a tooth fixed. They apparently spent a lot of money making a fake tiger for the scene.

3 Likes

It’s a great scene in the book; can’t remember the one in the movie. :slight_smile:

Given the age of the tiger, that was probably a baby tooth that hadn’t come out on its own.

1 Like

Tiger after dentist.

2 Likes

In the show I guess they spent a lot of money sedating a real tiger.

Yeah, my cat would go from big sweet kitty boy to destroyer of flesh.

Cats have 3 settings:

1. Sweet and Cuddly
  2. Aloof and Indifferent
  3. F*ck up Your Sh*t

(and crazy cat glitch mode, but that isn’t an official setting)

They can change settings almost instantly.

8 Likes

Just still in beta. The catnip and laser pointer feature toggles are well known, though.

7 Likes

I would guess it’s a milk tooth that was just dangling on a last bit of tissue. It would probably hurt no more than when you pull a child’s loose milk tooth with a bit of string.

1 Like

Pull my teeth, will you? I know just the tooth to maul you with.

…wait, why isn’t this working?

3 Likes

I didn’t see that episode. I’d have thought they could just pull the movie prop out of storage or something.

Some further searching suggests that you may be right:

https://twitter.com/bryanfuller/status/630211870956191744?lang=en

2 Likes

Wait until the tiger gets the dental bill. Then he’ll wish he’d killed him.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.