Tim the Security Guard at the National Cowboy Museum is the wholesome content you need right now

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/24/tim-the-security-guard-at-the.html

9 Likes

The realization that some people say “please” as they google things is blowing my mind right now (and exactly the distraction I needed)

19 Likes

This is either totally legit or amazing work by the media people at the museum.

Either way, great work!

13 Likes

Every is just better with the inclusion of some Sam Elliot. He’s one of those people who I hope make it in to the history books with an untarnished reputation. The guy can twinkle and smoulder.

18 Likes

Fauci & Cowboy Tim 2020. That’ll pretty much cover everything I need.

19 Likes

That guy, yeah he is a treasure.

11 Likes

There are only ten men who can get away with that mustache and he’s nine of them.

I should have quoted that. I think its from “Grace and Frankie”.

28 Likes

Welcome aboard, Comrade; and happy trails.

9 Likes

@thomdunn it’s doing that thing where the front page article didn’t link to the BBS.

Also, major Poe’s Law vibes here. Have I lost my innocence?

1 Like

My wife thanks Alexa after every answer she gives.

15 Likes

This is a wonderful thing and it belongs here

Thanks for making Cowboys classy again Tim!

6 Likes

“National Cowboy Museum… John Wayne”

So less a cowboy museum and more a fake cowboy museum, then. I’d love to see that as the more truthful name: the “National Fake Cowboy and Hollywood Makebelieve Museum.”

5 Likes

In a way, the Wild West was made up by the 20th century pretty much like the Middle Ages were made up by the 18th/19th century romantics.
Stuff existed, but popular conceptions are quite wrong.

15 Likes

This man was the Shaft of the American West:
Bass Reeves
He was one bad motha -(shut your mouth!)

18 Likes

John Wayne gets a little sliver of recognition, but he’s a needle in the haystack.

It’s just down the street from where I work. In fact, we’ve had company gatherings there :cowboy_hat_face:

11 Likes

I always thank the gas pump, so that when out robot overlords arrive…

4 Likes

That’s what I thought - and either way it’s delightful

1 Like

Ain’t no black cowboys in a John Wayne museum, Son.

1 Like

When pressed, that’s generally my wife’s justification too. “They’ll remember the courteous ones.”

5 Likes

That’s a strange take. Even the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum has had exhibitions on things like Star Trek and Star Wars. It doesn’t mean it is a “fake” museum.

4 Likes