Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Demi Lovato Pizza GIF

12 Likes
12 Likes

Alison Brie No GIF by Crave

13 Likes

Disturbing thread - important work.

May as well go for two bigoted tropes at once, I guess?

12 Likes

That’s a good video
I’ll have to watch rest of the videos later.
Angry Fire GIF by PBS Digital Studios

11 Likes

I struggled with phobia or good news on this, because cops being help responsible is good, but being held this long, and even indicted, on “possession of a stress ball containing sand which clearly tested negative for cocaine repeatedly, but, i swear, really truly is double secret, test nullifying trans cocaine” is so outrageous, i picked here.

14 Likes

Fuck You, Ken Paxton and the people in Texas who vote for this shit!

Now this asshole is joining in.

and fuck the mainstream media for ignoring this shit as well

The full document
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/21272649-abbott-letter-to-masters

11 Likes
14 Likes

I propose the first bout be against MMA fighter Alana McLaughlin. Hell, I’d even sponsor the bout if I could. Bring it, MTG!

10 Likes
14 Likes

It’s a short section, so I’ll quote it in full:

It’s often said that debates on transgender issues are polarised and intolerant to a degree that helps no one. Last week, in a Westminster Hall debate on reform of the Gender Recognition Act, the Scottish National MP Mhairi Black showed how it could and should be done. At stake were the difficulties trans people have in getting their identities legally recognised. With this issue come the fears raised by those who oppose simplifying these processes, that dangers to women would arise as a result of people born with male bodies being able to enter lavatories, changing rooms and other single-sex spaces.

Black’s support for reform was clear. The current process, she said, “is deeply invasive, traumatising, unnecessary and dehumanising”, while arguing out that possession of a gender recognition certificate, the end point of it all, is actually irrelevant to access to single-space spaces.

“I am a woman,” she said, and “I don’t feel threatened. If anything, the thing that makes me feel most threatened is quite often the very aggressive and often male anonymous accounts that proclaim to be defending me from something.”

Trenchant though she was, she didn’t seek to diminish her opponents. “I don’t doubt that there are legitimate concerns,” she said, “but the answers are also out there.” Whether or not you agree, her words demanded that you engage with the substance of her arguments, not at the level of a Twitter spat.

Black first made the news in 2015, when she was elected to parliament at the age of 20. Now 27, she continues to show a degree of maturity beyond many of her elders.

13 Likes

Such an important point that gets glossed over.

A lot of organizations like “One Million Moms” often equal One Dozen Guys With Poor Hygiene.

12 Likes

from

16 Likes

Their knowledge of biology also always seems to end with what they learned in high school, as if things don’t get significantly more detailed when you start narrowing things down to specific fields of study.

15 Likes

And scientific knowledge is frozen in time for just one area.

Unless they’d like their surgeons to treat them using 40 year old techniques?

13 Likes

But somehow, they know better than medical doctors who spend years in medical school studying biology and specifically working with the trans community
 They just want an excuse to cover their bigotry.

13 Likes

They usually seem to be the same people who know more than virologists as well.
They’ve done their research /s

Research Clyde Donovan GIF by South Park

12 Likes

Reminds me of a passage from Bakunin that @the_borderer sometimes posts

I bow before the authority of special men because it is imposed upon me by my own reason. I am conscious of my inability to grasp, in all its details and positive developments, any very large portion of human knowledge.

12 Likes
9 Likes

So many to hold accountable.

But this guy was on an elite board for journalists and argued against admitting trans journalists as they’re too biased to report on trans issues. Fuck him.

So everything those 500 elite journalists heard about us was from transphobes - with the presumption that we’re incapable of having agency.

“ people to simply identify openly as trans. One of the worst offenders, a devastatingly inaccurateand fearmongering propaganda piece in The Atlantic by Jesse Singal (which ended up inadvertently outing its cover model), was cited by seven attorneys general in a federal legal brief the following year arguing in support of rolling back trans people’s right to healthcare.”

12 Likes