Today in transphobia (Part 1)

This relates to an article I read some time ago that looked at tv coverage of trans issues…it might have covered newspapers as well. Anyway, the article basically showed how when any trans issue was brought up for discussion, they almost never interviewed a trans person.

10 Likes

I wonder if they extend that practice to themselves?

I kid. They’re real people.

7 Likes
10 Likes

Hey, that’s fair so long as you let the trans reporters cover every story that only involves cis people.

12 Likes

Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

8 Likes

Too bad his unbiased, objective viewpoint doesn’t allow that they’d likely provide valuable insight. Asshole.

6 Likes

Star Trek Applause GIF

6 Likes

Oh, you know how the UK media works too, huh?

11 Likes

Transphobes are such vile people.

Speaking of vile people…

11 Likes

I knew that this would happen.

https://twitter.com/TabitaSurge/status/1498225938366140424

The followers [of fascism] must feel humiliated by the ostentatious wealth and force of their enemies. When I was a boy I was taught to think of Englishmen as the five-meal people. They ate more frequently than the poor but sober Italians. Jews are rich and help each other through a secret web of mutual assistance. However, the followers must be convinced that they can overwhelm the enemies. Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak. Fascist governments are condemned to lose wars because they are constitutionally incapable of objectively evaluating the force of the enemy.

Umberto Eco - Ur Fascism

ETA:

Decadence is the new far-right dogwhistle for LGBTQ+, especially transgender.
https://twitter.com/TabitaSurge/status/1498225120602738688
https://twitter.com/TabitaSurge/status/1498312213882458115

14 Likes

and politicians can’t figure out why homeless people aren’t much interested in “shelters” :fearful:

12 Likes

So their argument is basically… We must become like the enemy, as not to embolden the enemy.

Fucking fascists.

15 Likes

They wouldnt have attacked if we weren’t so tolerant.

:neutral_face:

14 Likes

angry cross GIF

10 Likes

They are jealous of our freedoms. Which we violate to show how important they are.

10 Likes

Meanwhile, what the Ukraine is fighting for – and what is worrying the average Russian – is losing exactly those kinds of freedoms. You can’t be an equal citizen of the world if you deny human rights to entire groups of people.

15 Likes

reggie watts yes GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

12 Likes

The concept of “protecting girls’ sports” is playing into the idea that women and girls are in need of “protection,” when really they are in need of opportunities and resources and investment in women’s and girls’ sports. The attacks on trans people in sports are rooted in the same type of gender discrimination and stereotyping that has held back cisgender women in sports for centuries.

6 Likes

“ The investigations by the state’s Department of Family and Protective Services, which have not been previously reported, were launched in response to an order from Mr. Abbott to the agency, the lawsuit says. The order followed a nonbinding opinion by the Texas attorney general, Ken Paxton, that parents who provide their transgender teenagers with puberty-suppressing drugs or other medically accepted treatments — which doctors describe as gender-affirming care — could be investigated for child abuse.

Among the first to be investigated was an employee of the state protective services agency who has a 16-year-old transgender child. On Tuesday, the American Civil Liberties Union of Texas and Lambda Legal went to state court in Austin to try to stop the inquiry.”

11 Likes
9 Likes