Today in transphobia (Part 1)

16 Likes

So she was in 17th place, but it’s all the fault of the one trans swimmer that she didn’t win.

At least Lia Thomas has some supporters.

14 Likes

I haven’t read this yet, but I have been told that it is bad. Given the Guardian/Observer policy on transgender issues for the last 8 years or so, I have no reason to think otherwise.

8 Likes

She turns 26 in a few months, but is competing at the collegiate level with college students 4-8 years younger than she is. I’d say she couldn’t keep up with them because she’s aged out.

12 Likes

Sure Jan GIF

Yep… that’s why she lost. Asshole.

10 Likes

I just read the first 3 paragraphs…
This Sucks Season 3 GIF by The Office

8 Likes

Yep. She’s too old at 26.

“ Women achieved peak freestyle swim speed at ages 20–21 years for all distances with the exception of 800 m. In the 800 m, women were fastest at ages 26–27 years.”

This was the 500 yard competition.

12 Likes

Intergenerational transphobia

12 Likes

So awful even a mother couldn’t bear to be on the same continent with him.

8 Likes

“But what’s even more frustrating is not knowing which state’s gonna be next,” he adds. “You might move to a safe state, and then in two, three, four years, you’re in the same boat again.”

10 Likes

Fuck… they’re not wrong to be worried… What we need is yet another constitutional amendment that explicitly lays out a shared set of rights that can’t be infringed upon. Be clear, concise, and unambiguous that these sorts of laws that infringe upon people’s rights are flat unconstitutional…

12 Likes

Unfortunately, roughly 30% of the country views the existence of trans (probably all LGBTQ+) people as an infringement upon their rights.

11 Likes

Yeah… it’s crazy, but entirely true. I’d expand that to include POC and women who are not entirely subservient to men.

14 Likes

I have seen clips of popular alt-righters promote the idea of state mandated relationships, so men aren’t lonely.

11 Likes

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

13 Likes

I assume these are men who express concern that they will be forced to date trans women.

6 Likes

“ Heading into the NCAA Division I Women’s Swimming & Diving National Championship, some projected that University of Pennsylvania swimmer Lia Thomas would “dominate” her three events, and “smash” American records.”

“ The participation of Thomas, a 22-year-old transgender woman, was held up by some as “the beginning of the end of women’s sports.” Yet ultimately, out of the meet’s 18 events, Thomas won one race and placed in the top eight in two others.

She didn’t break any records. Her race times were not extraordinary.”

“ It was other women who dominated the meet, held at Georgia Institute of Technology. University of Virginia swimmers won 11 out of 18 events, and were back-to-back national champions. Junior Kate Douglass left with eight national titles, and broke three American records in three different strokes, an astonishing and never-before-seen feat.”

11 Likes
7 Likes

I have seen a few podcasts about TERF Island over the last month. The search function on my podcast software is a bit shit but I did find this one

I haven’t listened to it because this is the hell I live in.

7 Likes

But, is Ms. Douglas sufficiently feminine? I mean, that seems to be the most important question! (/s)

8 Likes