Today in transphobia (Part 1)

All I know is that she’s being punished by transphobia. Her amazing achievements are being ignored because of the hate narrative.

11 Likes

Sorry, i was obscure. Kate Douglass was the UVA swimmer who actually dominated fhe meet, breaking records and winning 8 races. One would think cis athletes had been dominated in this meet based on press. Lia won one race , and set no records. If she were cis, it would have gone largely unnoticed. . That was very far from the case.

11 Likes

That’s what I meant. Ms Douglass - a cisgender champion swimmer is not being recognized because transphobia shifts the coverage from her achievements to further the transphobic narrative. Cisgender women are effected by transphobia very often. Most often because they don’t conform to gender norms - but in other ways as well.

Telling her story would derail the transphobic narrative. She’s not getting the recognition- and likely the opportunities she would have - because of transphobia. That sucks too.

14 Likes

Ah, ok, with you now. Agree on all points.

9 Likes

Exactly. Transphobia affects all women, despite what the TERFs say. ‘Just be a feminine man, or a masculine woman’ they say, but if you do you get bullied and shamed regardless.

Not to mention they can never tell.

17 Likes

Ken Jeong GIF by The Masked Singer

12 Likes

Exactly- why can’t you just be just be a masculine woman, a masculine man, a feminine woman, a feminine man, agender, gender variant, transgender, a feminine trans guy etc, etc etc.?

It doesn’t take away from you that others exist. If you feel it does - maybe you’re the problem.

12 Likes

What Can I Say GIF

10 Likes

The appeals court in tx issued another injunction against investigating parents for gender affirming care. This puts paid to the bullshit legal theory Paxton was pushing- he claimed the trial court injunction could not be enforced because he appealed.

I hate that man.

13 Likes

Schitts Creek Girl GIF by CBC

12 Likes

A study by the UCLA school of law estimates that 58,200 trans kids could lose access to gender affirming healthcare if current bills are passed. Additionally, 4,400 18 to 20 year old trans adults could lose access if bills in 3 states are passed.

These fascists need to be stopped.

12 Likes
10 Likes

I love the last thing said, “suppress your local TERFs before it’s too late.”

9 Likes

Lia Thomas: Florida governor Ron DeSantis refuses to recognise Thomas win

13 Likes

As a trans person, I apologize to all cis women for ruining the complete gender equality you enjoyed before the “transgenders” came along. /s

14 Likes

kurt cobain shut up GIF

11 Likes

The thing that really gets me — OK, one of the many things that really get me — on this issue is that someone who appears to be a man in our culture is granted every privilege, whereas women are not, of course, so why in the world do they think that a trans woman is at any advantage? That’s someone who has willingly given up their societal power to live a truthful, but more difficult life.

14 Likes

What america has she been living in?

And will, in consequence, be treated far worse than cisgender women. This is part of what bothers me about the social contagion (bullshit) theory of transgender. Why would someone choose to live much harder life if they did not have some deep compelling reason to do so? Being out as a transgender person is difficult and dangerous even in tolerant locals. This idea that kids are choosing to reveal they are transgender for popularity or attention, and not because it is reality, is patiently ridiculous.

12 Likes

12 Likes

That thread is a great read. And yes, swimmers of both genders have jacked upper bodies. Kinda goes with the whole “we run really fast on our arms” thing. Lean, low body fat, wide shoulders, tall and long armed. This is how you build a swimmer. And transphobes are idiots.

13 Likes