Today in transphobia (Part 1)

For them, it’s a feature, not a bug.

13 Likes

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/alabamas-transgender-care-felony-faces-federal-test-84515622

“If the court [does not] enjoin(s) this act, Alabama children face irreversible damage from unproven, sterilizing, and permanently scarring medical interventions pushed by ideological interest groups,” lawyers for the state wrote.

The state lawyers are correct, but not in the way they imagine (corrections mine)

13 Likes
14 Likes

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

11 Likes

This sentence really pissed me off.

GHSA Executive Director Robin Hines said that the GHSA is unclear how many trans athletes are actually competing in school sports within the state, since the GHSA doesn’t keep such records.

12 Likes

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

Yeah… WTF. And the people who passed that law knew this would happen, too… they’re not only bigots, but cowards who refuse to take any responsibility for their bigotry.

14 Likes

What better way to stay in power than fear monger over a defenseless minority group? I wish I could add a sarcasm tag.

13 Likes

Nope, no sarcasm at all. It’s like kicking a puppy. You know the puppy can’t fight back, and there is no risk to you at all. But you also know if you do this, you are an asshole. Of course, we already know they are assholes. And christofascists. Did I mention assholes?

15 Likes

That’s literally all the far right wing of the GOP has left, hate and tax cuts. The more centrist elements of the state wide party knows they can’t win statewide on that. They know we have real problems facing all of us, but they don’t want to lose the right wing, because then they lose control of the statewide party to the MAGA wing. Kemp has tried to walk that line, but he’s getting a real challenge from the far right wing, so he’s supporting these more “water-down” measures that aren’t as explicit as Florida’s laws, but still do the same work.

14 Likes

If I see somebody kick a puppy I know they are an asshole.

Then there’s a non-zero chance they will regret it and I may have a new puppy.

That’s an analogy but also not.

16 Likes

True, it’s weak. Inflicting pain on relatively powerless folks for purely ideological reasons is absolutely on par for fascist assholes.

13 Likes
12 Likes
15 Likes
13 Likes
18 Likes

Angry Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF

16 Likes

It’s terrible that I’m taking some small comfort from the fact at least the reports I’m seeing are getting her name and pronouns correct. It’s progress, of a sorts, albeit depressing progress.

13 Likes
14 Likes

And, has anyone else noticed that ardent defender of women’s “sex based rights” Joanne, is notably silent concerning the Supreme Court draft opinion? It’s almost as if she doesn’t care about women at all and is simply a bigoted transphobic asshole.

16 Likes

Thousands of trans Germans like Tsepo Bollwinkel had to be sterilised in order to legally change their gender under a now-scrapped law. Now, they hope to receive compensation, and an apology

14 Likes