Today in transphobia (Part 1)

I would howl in outrage, but it’s Gosar. He is a walking, talking (way too much) outrage clothed, badly, in human-skin-substitute. I would compare him to the Bug in MiB, but bugs are kinda cute. His soul would be fuggly compared to a fetid pile of dingo kidneys.

10 Likes
19 Likes

Not Funny Reaction GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

13 Likes

Rich guys hitting their midlife crisis are desperate try to seem edgy and go for the most predictable response. And keep telling their one joke over and over.

It’s kind of sad.

16 Likes

Trying for relevance and punching down. Again.

Gervais has been cruel rather than funny for over 20 years so unfortunately it isn’t a surprise.

15 Likes

I liked Extras, though that was during some of my darkest years, so my judgement was certainly skewed. I did find him very cruel with his podcast that consisted of him just making fun of one of the co-hosts the entire time.

10 Likes

He’s a failed pop star who got a break doing mean jokes on a late-90s tv show on Channel 4.
His whole schtick is being an asshole, but it’s “ironic” so it can’t possibly be actually cruel.

13 Likes

I did not know that.

Best Friends Lol GIF by A24

I bet he was great!!! /s

He apparently has very thin skin.

13 Likes

Indeed… it’s true… looked like they were trying to be a shitty DM knock-off…

They were big in the Philippines…

13 Likes

Don’t look it up on YouTube, trust me.

13 Likes

adventure time GIF

12 Likes

Several years ago I heard Simon Pegg on Marc Maron’s WTF podcast, and somehow Gervais came up. Pegg said that off-camera Gervais was a decent guy but as soon as he knew he was on-camera he wouldn’t say a nice thing about anyone. Which, I suspect, was Pegg’s very polite way of saying Gervais is an awful person who’s only concerned with his career.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the years since then have made him even worse.

11 Likes

Oh, you don’t have to worry about that… :grimacing:

What Finn said… :grin:

10 Likes

I read a thread earlier, similar to what Kathy said above, that there is a danger of building a persona for a career but then becoming it.
Play an asshole for long enough and it will change you - so many older comedians fall into that when “edgy” is all they ever had.

13 Likes

Mother Night - about someone pretending to be a Nazi in WW2 Germany.

Vonnegut also addresses the story’s “moral” several times. He writes, “This is the only story of mine whose moral I know. I don’t think it’s a marvelous moral, I just happen to know what it is…” The phrase “The moral of the story” appears and again; some examples include “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be,” “When you’re dead, you’re dead,” and “Make love when you can. It’s good for you.”

14 Likes

Ricky Gervais quote:

“anything that promotes equality, promotes progress … You can’t take equality ‘too far’.”

Apparently, he’s reconsidered.

12 Likes
16 Likes

computer rage GIF

13 Likes

Disgusting.

14 Likes

Frightening. This is only the beginning.

14 Likes