Today in transphobia (Part 1)

You’re right, transphobia and other anti-LGBTQ messaging was just proven to continue being a winning fascist strategy as evidenced by recent GOP primary wins.

13 Likes
10 Likes

In a recent online posting, Schmidt, who has cozied up to Republican politicians like Kari Lake, Wendy Rogers and Paul Gosar,

And that, folks, is really all you need to know about this particular asshat.

17 Likes

Since “cozied up to” could mean a lot of things I’m glad the story makes it clear that he “has made videos with Kari Lake, Wendy Rogers, and Paul Gosar…”

Which also tells you all you need to know about those particular asshats.

11 Likes

This is a case where doxing is justified.

11 Likes

Got a cute rainbow entry mat from Target yesterday. They also had some TomboyX unders. That company makes quality stuff that is gender neutral.
Is it all posing on Target’s part? Hard to tell. But it is normalizing and celebrating. Better than state farm

12 Likes
14 Likes

He’s having a hard time stopping himself from crying like a little baby.

13 Likes

Crying seems to be a trend among fascist fuckwits.

12 Likes

Not enough of it.

13 Likes

“All I have to say is this is the result of what happens when kids are pushed past their limits,” the candidate wrote. “Its (sic) obvious he was brainwashed in school by liberal teachers to think he shouldn’t be a male. If this crap doesn’t stop we will have more shootings because there are alot (sic) more confused, fed up and now mentally ill kids out there thanks to the #publicschoolsystem THIS is why I have been TRYING to get the truth out about what the schools are doing to our youth because it’s DANGEROUS.”

The woman, Sam, has now come forward, telling the i that she is “being attacked unjustly for no reason”.

“I am being harassed and accused of murder with no evidence,” Sam said. “And all I’ve done was live my life.”

Though she is annoyed by the situation, Sam added: “I’m more worried about the victims and hope they get the support they deserve.”

14 Likes

Angry Star Trek GIF

10 Likes

I just can’t wrap my head around this. Someone legally buys a firearm and then commits mass murder. Yet, somehow people are mad at a trans person not bothering anybody and just trying to live their life?

Those are some fucked up priorities.

15 Likes

4chan started a rumour. It grew. That’s why Candace Owens and other politicians ran with it.

Zero evidence so some little fuck on the internet stirred shit up on the day.

Now there’s a distraction from 19 murdered little kids and trans people are at even more risk.

I’m going to stop before I rant too hard.

Composure GIF by EVIEWHY

16 Likes

Scapegoating is a time honored tradition in certain circles.

14 Likes

jada pinkett smith that part GIF by Red Table Talk

15 Likes
12 Likes

Gervais is such a fucking weasel. Just today i’m listening to a group of politicians and journalists essentially defending him and his right to offend others with his shite jokes, then Ed Vaizey making the claim that trans activists support him on twitter? No idea what orifice he pulled that claim from. If you have to go on The One Show to explain why your comedy based on the outdated stereotypes of trans people and their genitals is somehow good comedy and you just don’t get it then you’re a terrible stand-up. Good on James Acaster for speaking out against him though.

11 Likes

It seems like these defenders are willingly conflating “the right to do something” with somehow being immune from “the consequences of doing something”.

9 Likes

Yup. Levar Burton was quite correct to reframe it as “consequence culture” and there’s a reason why racist comedians of the past like Bernard Manning have been thrown in the dustbin of history. Challenging comedy is absolutely fine but not when it’s punching down using racist, homophobic, transphobic stereotypes that just further marginalises already marginalised groups.

12 Likes