Today in transphobia (Part 1)

I won’t be judging people who choose not to watch, knowing it will only hurt them.

In Love Cat GIF

People who don’t believe this is real, they need to see it.

16 Likes

Absolutely.

14 Likes

This is such a simple concept – dysphoria is a problem, and being trans helps resolve it. So much so that I don’t believe any of these bigots is actually confused into thinking they are not trying to hurt people, they just believe that they should.

16 Likes

Strictly speaking, transitioning helps resolve it, but I do get where you are coming from :hugs:

First the self-acceptance then the choosing what, if anything, you want to do about it.
None of that is anybody else’s business except maybe asking “Hey, you OK? Need any help?”

So many people choose to be assholes about it. It is the very opposite of caring about others.

17 Likes

Marissa Darlingh, a Milwaukee school counselor, is under investigation after making expletive-laced comments about the transgender community during an anti-transgender rally in April. She is currently still working while under investigation.

The state Department of Public Instruction is currently investigating Darlingh for whether there are grounds to revoke her educator license after making the following comments at the rally.

Shit like this always hurts a little more when it’s in your own backyard. Elsewhere in Wisconsin, a school district had to cancel classes for the rest of the school year due to repeated bomb threats over some kids being disciplined for harassing a trans student.

And then there’s Florida, kicking off pride with some transphobic bullshit.

13 Likes

“Every one of those people is a huge problem to a sane world”

Why? WHY?! Trans people don’t harm me in any way. Never have. They don’t harm kids any more than cis people, and quite a bit less than cis men. Most trans people I have spoken to or even heard of are very nice people just trying to live their lives. Cannot say the same for cis people. Why does it matter to these bigots?

I should definitely not watch that

15 Likes

I’m old enough to remember when Pride celebrations where I live were often outnumbered by anti-gay protesters assholes. Gradually things have turned around–a development we all appreciate but don’t take for granted. It makes me happy but that happiness is always tinged with sadness at how long it took and how much harm was done to people who just wanted to live their lives.

And those assholes haven’t gone away. They’ve just focused their attention more specifically on trans people. I believe, or at least hope, they’re increasing their attacks because they know they’re losing ground but they’re not losing it fast enough.

14 Likes

While this quote does not explicitly address trans identity, it’s pretty clear how this can be applied.

16 Likes

An important tweet further on in that thread

I wonder if JKR is involved in the not-so-secret Final Solution discussions.

16 Likes

I wonder if Joanne is writing their manifesto.

Titled, Unser Kampf

14 Likes

And that bullshit about “accommodation”…

Snl Thats Not How It Works GIF by Saturday Night Live

14 Likes

These creepy fuckers call trans people “perverted”, yet they pass bills to look at kids genitals.

17 Likes

it’s called “projection”

10 Likes

They are good at that. Welcome :wave:

10 Likes

That sounds like something that a mandated reporter would need to alert the authorities about as sexual abuse of a minor.

I do hope that people won’t alert the authorities that the kids of everyone who voted for this are trans. /s

13 Likes

That would be terrible, let’s hope not. /s

9 Likes

It’s apparently fine to give into terrorism if the victim of harassment is transgender.

8 Likes

Ugh

10 Likes

It’s not hard to understand at all: the cruelty is the point.

13 Likes

And, of course, the additional fact that risking being subjected to “genital examinations” (good lord) will strongly discourage cis girls from sports and steer them back towards “more feminine” pursuits. I mean, it’s not a bug, it’s a feature!

16 Likes