Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Fascists accusing trans people (and intersex people and the BAME community) of being fascists.

:face_vomiting:

I am willing to bet that Laurence Fox would burn books about and by transgender people and still not think he was a Nazi (or at least I would be if widespread book burnings wasn’t one of my Get Out Of Dodge alerts)

I’m not looking to see if that tweet was before or after he got his account locked for hateful imagery.

15 Likes

FUCK!

This is what happens when TERs get power over trans peoples health care.

17 Likes

That is so fucked up.

14 Likes
11 Likes

Holy hell that is bad. Trans people need medical privacy even more than cis people.
Also that man’s smile in the photo is so sinister.

15 Likes

I wonder if worrying too much about trans folks is what made his hair fall out? /s

12 Likes

Now, now. He had no choice in being bald. That’s just standard Asshole Pattern Baldness.

13 Likes
17 Likes

Retrograde building design
instead of gender-neutral bathrooms for all, look what Britain has opted to do instead:

14 Likes

I will continue pissing wherever I like but wow is that unhelpful.

16 Likes

Far more bewildering has been the fringe left jumping in with its own perhaps unintentionally but effectively misogynist agenda. There was a time when campus groups and activist organizations advocated strenuously on behalf of women. Women’s rights were human rights and something to fight for. Though the Equal Rights Amendment was never ratified, legal scholars and advocacy groups spent years working to otherwise establish women as a protected class.

But today, a number of academics, uber-progressives, transgender activists, civil liberties organizations and medical organizations are working toward an opposite end: to deny women their humanity, reducing them to a mix of body parts and gender stereotypes.

12 Likes

Internet archive Link

10 Likes
10 Likes

I was a fan. :frowning_face:

The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Reaction GIF by HBO Max

11 Likes

“PEOPLE OF THE WORLD,” she tweeted Wednesday (6 July). “My tweet about women was a response to this fascinating and well written piece in the NYT on 3 July”. She included a link to a New York Times article titled “The Far Right and Far Left Agree on One Thing: Women Don’t Count”.

“There was no intention of anything exclusionary or transphobic in what I said; it wasn’t about that,” she added.

The “fascinating and well written piece in the NYT”, I remember that article, it was the one filled with transphobia.

You still sound transphobic, Macy. But at least you gained a new fan.

13 Likes

For christ’s sake, Bette, then stop being transphobic! It’s not difficult!

16 Likes
14 Likes

Stop putting a fucking target on the backs of trans kids.

16 Likes

I’ve almost given up. I’d say it was my PTSD, but so many other people are in the same situation.

What drives me to despair though is the “sheer impossible volume of available information about the people who literally want to kill me and my friends” isn’t enough to persuade people that TERs are bad.

Maybe it’s because of the PTSD that I find the will to get out of bed and stay alive each day.

18 Likes

Miss You Dogs GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

17 Likes