Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Perhaps this was a while ago?

I put myself through college, but they still sent the parents who did nothing my tuition bills, grade reports, and even the tickets to my graduation.

But more recently, with my now-adult children, it’s as @Mindysan33 says: there was a special solution for parents to be able to access just enough on the Bursar’s Office site to be able to pay, and the only way to see the grades was if the student was willing to share the news.

11 Likes

The march toward fascism in the schools continues. Red states are seriously snowflakes and cannot tolerate even the mention of the issue.

15 Likes

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

12 Likes
13 Likes
12 Likes
11 Likes

A cisgender woman is murdered by a cisgender man, and TERs try and make it all about trans people.

17 Likes

*thread

12 Likes

If country disowns miss Pope because she stood up for the right thing, i’m 100% sure the scene kids will have her back

13 Likes

I think that country music is changing/has changed, and after reading this blurb all I know is that there is a good chance Jason Aldean is a bigot, too. Now if he and his wife decide to split up, then maybe I’m wrong about that.

eta: I don’t remember many country artists articulating bigoted remarks back in the day, but this was long before social media.

11 Likes

There are two conflicting answers here.

1. It was always there, but enough people agreed so that no one had to fly the banner high, it was just ‘known’;

2. Country music comes from rural and working class communities, where poor whites and poor Blacks had a lot more in common. Charley Pride was once the 2nd top selling music artist after Elvis.

13 Likes

We’ll see if this becomes permanent.

Attack trans people for years - no action at all.

16 Likes
13 Likes

15 Likes

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Outlander

Why do people got to be pieces of shit.

15 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

13 Likes

The only other British news source who have a story on it is the Manchester Evening News (as far as I could see), and the comments section there is vile.

13 Likes
16 Likes

Wait… is it an actual book or is this a joke?

11 Likes

I honestly wish it was

15 Likes