Today in transphobia (Part 1)

I mean, kind of both, even if it wasn’t intended to be the second.

14 Likes

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Oh Joanne. Why, hun, why?

11 Likes

Hey Joanne,

12 Likes
7 Likes

Final Conservative leader hustings at Wembley Arena.

angry tina fey GIF by Sisters

14 Likes

https://archive.ph/L0MHJ

10 Likes

Fucking Rowling is fucking at it again.

13 Likes

This tweet from the article was great!

19 Likes

Pennell says it all started in March, when the principal came to the journalism class to inform the Saga’s staff that students would no longer be allowed to use their preferred pronouns, and would have to use their birth names in their bylines, regardless of how they identified.

That’s when the students decided to make their next issue LGBTQ-themed.

Still, the students didn’t want to risk having the paper’s sponsorship pulled, so they followed the school’s rules. Pennell’s final byline is under a name he no longer uses.

Then admin closed the paper, with pearl-clutching about “won’t someone think of the tax-payers?”

Good for the students sticking to their guns, even if they did get shut down.

13 Likes

The kids are alright.

Odds are good within a decade that the paper will restart, with dedications to the students who published this, and it will have a dedicated front-page LGBTQ section.

GIF by HuffPost

14 Likes

You know, I’m thinking we need a “The Kids Are Alright” thread…or do we have one and I’ve missed it?

15 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes

I don’t think we have one like that, no.

7 Likes

The bullshit terrorism continues.

Healthcare workers are going to die over this. There may be things happening behind the scenes, but all I see is no reaction. These are fucking terrorists. They need to be called as such and dealt with as such. “But that would upset the Fascists!” Good. Fuck them.

Anger GIF by One Chicago

16 Likes

Check This Out GIF

12 Likes
11 Likes

OK then, here we go!

15 Likes

Yay GIF by YoungerTV

11 Likes

Knocking over fascists sounds acceptable to me.

12 Likes