Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Catalona’s assertions came shortly after 25 year-old British player Jamie Hunter won a ranking tournament on the women’s circuit in Seattle, the first transgender female to do it. She came out as trans in 2019.

“I don’t believe that women can compete against men on a level playing field in sport,” Catalona told The Telegraph . “We are wired differently, we think differently. We are mentally different.”

Catalona, the cousin of celebrity snooker champ Ronnie O’Sullivan, the tabletop sport’s longtime no. 1 player, said transgender women hold an insurmountable advantage.

What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF

Transphobia’s a hell of a drug.

14 Likes

Oh, get the fuck outta here with that utter bullshit; I’ve kicked ass in billiards when playing against men, plenty of times.

What hateful nonsense…

15 Likes

Hate does seem to rot peoples brains.

12 Likes

Michele Mouton would like a word with Catalona.

Mouton made a successful return to the Pikes Peak, winning the event overall in her Sport Quattro.[116] Despite slippery conditions caused by a hailstorm, she broke Al Unser Jr.'s 1982 record by about thirteen seconds.[117] The Frenchwoman’s win irritated some of her male rivals.[118] Bobby Unser was reputedly quite vocal about his loss, to which Mouton is said to have replied: “If you have the balls you can try to race me back down as well.”

But maybe the Queen of the Killer Bs isn’t a proper woman.

14 Likes

It’s wrong and hateful. And also, snooker? Really? Exactly what is it about men and women that makes one or the other better at fucking snooker?

15 Likes

Well, obvs that men can do everything better than women, except care for babies and make sandwiches, duh! /s

13 Likes

I’m offended by that. I was a badass baby-caring-person. You should have seen me nurture. I was completely dominant at baby nurturing, until I tore my ACL. /s

15 Likes

GIF by Saturday Night Live

13 Likes

Practice at playing with stick and balls? :person_shrugging:

Do men’s leagues restrict women from playing, or is it just that they’re misogynist boys’ clubs?

10 Likes

In snooker? (I think that’s like pool, right?) That’s insane.

14 Likes

The Office Yes GIF

12 Likes

Jeanette Lee has entered the chat…

15 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes

Just a whole thread of bullshit.

7 Likes

Bigoted asshole…

30 Rock Eye Roll GIF by TV Land Classic

9 Likes

Took an arrow to the knee?

4 Likes

25-year-old trans man died after attack at CSD in Münster

https://www.queer.de/detail.php?article_id=43097

Google translation:
https://www-queer-de.translate.goog/detail.php?article_id=43097&_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en-US&_x_tr_hl=en-GB

10 Likes

Thread of despair. God damn it.

12 Likes

(Yahoo reprint)

13 Likes