Today in transphobia (Part 1)

13 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

It was really nice to hear him speak as a person rather than as a comedian or TV host: it has raised my opinion of him significantly! Not that I ever didnā€™t like him, but this really showed the depth underneath the public mask.

13 Likes

Yeah, this was a really well thought out and planned response. Itā€™s pulled the rug out from a LOT of people who normally get away with it. Glinner immediately accused him of homophobia (?dafuq Glinner? The fact that Arthur and Neil wonā€™t answer your emails so you arenā€™t going to get that Father Ted musical off the ground hit you that hard?) and the Daily Heil of all places called out JK Trollingā€™s typically tone deaf, un-nuanced and extremist response.
The ā€œdebateā€ in the media, most particularly the British media which has made it a key issue, has mostly happened without trans people or experts or parents of trans children. Graham using his platform to push that, rather than his opinion, is the best use of a platform and I salute him. Was surprised with Mariella in that clip. Thought her line was quite sus.

16 Likes

ā€œIn December, Linehan evaded the suspension with an account posing as a transgender man, which he used to call Colm Oā€™Gorman ā€œa traitor to women, gay people and yourselfā€ for signing an open letter published by the Transgender Equality Network of Ireland;[48]the account was banned but Linehan claimed to have created another.[49] In February 2021, Linehan created a fake account on the lesbian dating app Her and publicly posted screenshots of non-binary people and trans women using it. The developers of Her clarified that transgender women are welcome on the app.ā€œ

Who wouldnā€™t want to invest in someone as stable and honest as that?

15 Likes

I mean it seems that nobody talented wants to work with him now (he was kicked off the writing team of the last show I saw him on and they continued without him). And thatā€™s his fault obviously. Itā€™s not like theyā€™ve all been lobbied by Big Trans. Itā€™s more like the guy in court in Ireland today who is suing the papers for reporting that he was being moved for his own safety in prison because he was annoying who was removed from court during proceedings today, because he was annoying. So was his mother. And his sister was ordered as a lawyer to apologise to the court, for being annoying. He made it his central identity, to be an utter dick to people, and nobody wants to talk to him or work with him any more.

I saw his whine to Neil Hannon and he used the line that Neil said he didnā€™t want to push his animal rights activism in his face (when working together before) as a reason why they should work together nowā€¦ A little self-awareness there Graham?

9 Likes

His failures canā€™t all be due to the evil ā€œBig Transā€ when Joe Rogan and Dave Chapelle are raking in hundreds of millions of dollars.

Hey - maybe his buds over at the Heritage Foundation or Rowling will fund his businesses?

OTOH - we all know how Rowling feels about the Irish. She probably thinks that heā€™d just blow it all up.

14 Likes

He would. I think heā€™s an utterly lost soul at this stage. I donā€™t think the big far right funders even bother with him heā€™s so pathetic. He has a substack I think. They are very happy with human rights denying content it seems.

He was in at an early stage of the current bigoted madness but I think heā€™s burnt out. Lots of other people have much more power now.

11 Likes

Heā€™s lost his family, career, his home and is vilified publicly.

Itā€™s almost like he was a trans person. Almost.

14 Likes

TERs want no private treament for trans youth

Itā€™s still only a draft, and hopefully it will be put in the same rubbish bin that Liz Truss and her cabinet end up in. If it doesnā€™t, Iā€™m worried that it will be extended to vulnerable trans people who are neurodiverse, mentally ill and/or physically disabled.

16 Likes
11 Likes

I have never particularly wanted to be Finnish. Until now.

13 Likes
8 Likes

Joanne might have a new friend

11 Likes

Kenan Thompson No GIF by Saturday Night Live

9 Likes
17 Likes

Apologies if fhis has already been covered, but you know, repetition and learning and all thatā€¦

So, yes, at least one school district does, in fact, provide kitty litter for bathroom purposes. HOWEVER this is about school shootings, not furries. There is usually some small kernel of truth in the fascist vomit of lies. Here it is for this one.

14 Likes

Oh hey, thereā€™s that cancel culture they keep telling us about.

14 Likes
13 Likes