Today in transphobia (Part 1)

The obsession cis people have with trans people’s genitals is out of control

Have you ever been in a social situation where you’re pretty sure someone nearby is speculating about what your genitals are like? It’s weird, to say the least, but for trans people like me, it’s sometimes a daily experience. In the ever-escalating culture war against trans people, conservative politicians and activists are becoming increasingly willing to drop any semblance of decorum and demand to know whether any given trans person has a dick.

15 Likes

As a woman, yes, I do know that feeling, but that means I don’t want anyone else to have to experience it, either.

13 Likes

preach GIF by Shalita Grant

12 Likes

your BIASES, their INFORMED UNDERSTANDING - to make it sound like SCIENCE.

“But Jeet’s point is that if your BAYESIAN PRIORS are such that you would believe there was merit to those claims about trans kids, their parents, and the people trying to provide them medical care, you do, indeed, think, “trans people are icky,” and all kinds of other fucked up things.

BUT MY BELIEFS ARE SCIENCE!!!”

12 Likes
12 Likes

So when are the fair-weather liberals going to pay attention? This is the dictionary definition of eliminationism and the dictionary definition of fascism. It’s stage 10 of the ten stages of genocide (Denialism), and Genocide Watch are paying attention and treating it as a potential genocide even if Knowles doesn’t believe it is.

We haven’t had stage 9 of the ten stages of genocide yet, but you don’t win anything for a full house in this game. Everybody loses.

15 Likes

I really don’t know… But we’ve seen this before… we know what the NYT (for one example) as the Nazis took over Germany in the 30s.

It really can’t get more clear to me, honestly.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

14 Likes

15 Likes
12 Likes

13 Likes

Why are podcast so hard to search?

There’s a lot more but the modern internet is a fucking unsearchable mess.

Can’t stop send help!

Seriously

His wife told him a wet vagina is a symptom of a disease.

10 Likes

Also on that cover:

The Surprising Wisdom of Russell Brand

:roll_eyes:

How Wrong Can You Be, 2018 edition.

13 Likes

He should probably stick to things like his fine contribution to Don’ You Go Rounin’ Roun to Re Ro.

6 Likes

Failed artist calls for the extermination of a marginalised community.

Hegel remarks somewhere that all great world-historic facts and personages appear, so to speak, twice. He forgot to add: the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce.

13 Likes
10 Likes
13 Likes

It’s “libelous” to draw the obvious conclusions from Micael Knowles’s speech.

6 Likes

A normal day in the life of Joanna Cherry

13 Likes

Thread

15 Likes

“Wants to trans gay and autistic kids…” Is “trans” a verb here? As in “wants to force transition upon unwilling individuals?” If so, it’s an unspeakable crime. Which, of course, indicates to me it is total bullshit. Actually, using “trans” as a verb told me that before the insanity even registered.

15 Likes