Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Surely that photo will lead to an arrest, right? (/s)

11 Likes

Getting a concealed carry permit in. California is very difficult. I wonder if she has one. She certainly shouldnā€™t going forward. And her guns should be confiscated while all of this gets investigated.

Edit-

ā€œ California also generally prohibits carrying or possession of a firearm in the following locations:

• In the State Capitol, any legislative office, any office of the Governor or other constitutional officer, or any hearing room in which any committee of the Senate or Assembly is conducting a hearing, or upon the grounds of the State Capitol, which is bounded by 10th, L, 15th, and N Streets in the City of Sacramento, if the firearm is loaded, or the area is posted with a statement providing reasonable notice that prosecution may result from possession of a firearm.14ā€

Several laws seem to have been broken and ignored.

12 Likes

How can i put this? The BBC has transā€¦. issues? No. Transā€¦ problems? Nah.

Stop mincing words, jane. The BBC is a dumpster fire of unreconstructed bigotry and misinformation when it comes to trans folks. More of that in a minute.

Thatā€™s why, at the end of this piece, i will be asking you, dear reader, to join me and Trans Media Watch in a new project: #BBCWatch. It will be a bit like SpringWatch, which looks out for signs of spring; CrimeWatch, which keeps an eye on criminals; and Watchdog, which does much the same for Crufts (Editorā€™s note: no, it doesnā€™t!)

For details, skip to the end now.

Or stay with this for a little bit of history.

also,

12 Likes

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/great-transitioning

Last month, GLAAD wrote an open letter to The New York Times protesting the paperā€™s coverage of trans issues. In particular, the group took issue with the way the paper has covered medical sex changes or ā€œgender affirmationā€ for minors. Contrary to clinicians and experts quoted in the Times, GLAAD asserted the science behind this practice is ā€œSETTLED.ā€ The letter was co-signed by a wide array of human rights groups as well as celebrities like Lena Dunham and Judd Apatow.

It doesnā€™t get any better from there.

The first time I announced my pronouns, ā€œIā€™m David, he/him,ā€ I was a freshman in college attending a transgender discussion group. It was 2005. At the time it seemed quite progressiveā€”even for me, an openly gay 18-year-old volunteering at my liberal collegeā€™s resource center for gay rights. In the most progressive clique at one of the countryā€™s most progressive schools, being transgender was still mostly a theoretical conceptā€”a new frontier that college kids were just beginning to discover.

emphasis mine

Trans people were a ā€œtheoretical conceptā€ in 2005 :thinking: , I guess I didnā€™t know I was trans and learn everything involved in transitioning in the late 90ā€™s then.

also a great response to the article,

11 Likes

GIF by NETFLIX

Alsoā€¦ this lineā€¦

Only connect. Dispossess yourself even of the oppression you treasure as your particular possession, and walk naked into the solidarity of the dispossessed. Without a utopia in mind, a commons of the persecuted where all losses can be salved, there is no point to being gay.

Especiallyā€¦

walk naked into the solidarity of the dispossessed

Adventure Time GIF

What a line thereā€¦ So trueā€¦

12 Likes

I knew Sylvia Rivera. You sir, are no Sylvia Rivera.

As if this idiot ever did anything substantive for LGBT rights.

11 Likes

Yall Better Quiet Down Trans Day Of Visibility GIF by Identity

10 Likes

Did Jesse share or was planning to share some of that privileged information? And is now worried about consequences? Sue him.

Also - I canā€™t believe you didnā€™t ask the Times attorneyā€™s about this. I guess you didnā€™t like the answer?

11 Likes

From the LGBA to the (Political) Lesbians Going Galt Association?

Online lesbian spaces have been telling them to fuck off all day.

13 Likes

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2023/03/consider-my-priors-unchanged

Jesse Singal has what he believes is strong evidence that the ā€œwhistleblowerā€ whose story he desperately wishes were true because it would prove a culture war talking point is on the level. Itā€¦is not:

12 Likes

13 Likes

Considering the hoops that the healthcare industry goes through in order to comply with HIPAA - and patients, too! - this fucker better go to prison for a LONG time.

And my understanding of the law is, Singal is culpable, too. If you receive information that is in violation of HIPAA, you are supposed to treat it like Top Secret documents; donā€™t look at it and report it right away.

12 Likes

Receiving stolen goods is a crime.

I guess reselling them for a profit in his stories makes him a fence.

This assholes hubris in his desire to harm trans people may have just gone Greek tragedy on him.

12 Likes
13 Likes

IIRC, HIPAA does not allow a carve out for journalists. It doesnā€™t matter if you are the Editor in Chief of the New York Times or the fucking Pope: publishing patient confidential information is a violation. Period.

12 Likes

Former Radiology Library film clerk hereā€¦thatā€™s true. Iā€™ve blocked private practitioners from accessing records without the proper release forms signed by the patient. :man_shrugging:

Not Happening Oh No GIF by Carola

13 Likes

ā€¦ a nest of alt-right trolls just asking questions

10 Likes

Veronica Mars Middle Finger GIF

14 Likes
13 Likes

Who is he to judge?

11 Likes