Today in transphobia (Part 1)

And you can say both things to the public while working your government job.

7 Likes

The numbers donā€™t lie.

10 Likes

Including interventions to alleviate clinically significant distress resulting from gender dysphoria as defined in the DSM.

So - therapy would be outlawed for trans youth.

11 Likes

Fuckā€™s sake.

9 Likes

This wonā€™t be news to anybody here, but itā€™s a handy reference for the incredibly homophobic and transphobic stuff that the Trump administration has been up to. A lot of this is escaping general notice, either because of the sheer scale of the shitstorm weā€™re in right now, or because the general public canā€™t be bothered to notice the disenfranchisement of people they are afraid of.

11 Likes

*sigh

Thatā€™s why I do stuff like go check out this comic again, to feel a little hope.

9 Likes

(Thatā€™s twice it has made me tear up. :wink: )

8 Likes

Awww, man, why you wanna go and do that to me? Tough to explain why you are crying ā€¦

8 Likes

If you look really close you can see the little kid tuck away their new dinosaur under the coversā€¦ :cry:

Plus this comic has given me an idea or two to run with. Have I said I really like it yet?

7 Likes

This is one of those ā€œaimed at ginning up the base in an election yearā€ kind of bills, similar to the bathroom bills. It seems to be aimed at being as offensive and inflict as much suffering as possible. Banning antidepressants for depression associated with gender dysphoria? Seriously? And apparently giving the state the ability to control how we dress our kids? So, are trans boys not allowed to wear pants? Must they wear only frilly dresses and pink bows in their hair? And what if trans girls wear pants? :astonished: Assholes gotta asshole, and bigots gotta bigot. We must get every single mutherluvinā€™ Republican out of the house and Senate and pass national civil rights laws. Allowing state-by-state discrimination condemns (mostly) low income people who 're not able to migrate to life in hell.

6 Likes

Itā€™s a really good piece. Itā€™s highly specific and intensely personal, but it speaks to basic experiences to which everybody can relate. Every adult that was once a human child knows a small piece of the fear and loneliness the comic describes ā€” that growing up wonā€™t be safe, that weā€™ll lose the people that love us, that weā€™ll never be able to love ourselves. That bridge from the readerā€™s personal history to the authorā€™s personal history is very effective; Iā€™ve read it a half-dozen times and it gets to me every time.

6 Likes

Very strong my statements from the worldwide professional orgs for transgender care opposing these care bans.

https://listloop.com/wpath/mail.cgi/archive/accounts/20191122201448/

WPATH, USPATH, EPATH Statement in Response to Calls for Banning Evidence-Based Supportive Health Interventions for Transgender and Gender-Diverse Youth

8 Likes

AAP needs to chime in on this. They have policy statements in this area that would be outlawed by this bill. They may see it as too much of a political hot potato, but I hope not. I have sent notice to them requesting comment.

8 Likes

Fox guest Chadwick Moore falsely suggests issues facing trans women of color are manufactured problems

In reality, trans and gender nonconforming people face an epidemic of violence in the US

https://www.mediamatters.org/tucker-carlson/chadwick-moore-falsely-suggests-issues-facing-trans-women-color-are-manufactured?redirect_source=/tucker-carlson/chadwick-moore-claims-violence-against-trans-women-color-manufactured-issue

White cisgender gay guy is an expert on trans women of color?

Am I on Bizarro Earth again?

11 Likes

Well, see, heā€™s a white cisgender Gay guy, the big leading G in GLbt, so of course heā€™s an expert on all GLbt issues /s

7 Likes

Better late than never, but really late, guys.

11 Likes

Oh you, personal experience never outweighs a Fox guest!

On anything.
:disappointed_relieved:

10 Likes
11 Likes

10 Likes
12 Likes