Today in transphobia (Part 1)

“Western wear” eh? I bet there are some historical examples of pretty eccentric wear in the old west.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s “Western wear” in that way, unfortunately.

I think the point is that business attire from other cultures – specifically Africa, Asia, South America – isn’t welcome.

Because we must always pair sexism with racism.

6 Likes
2 Likes

… well it is Texas though

“My eye was drawn to the lines about Western wear being encouraged,” the source said, noting that TDA employees frequently wear boots and cowboy hats.

8 Likes

Oh, yeah, I see what you’re saying.

6 Likes
8 Likes

dress according to “biological gender.”

I come from a place where men wear skirts and no knickers.

15 Likes

My kilt is great in hot weather.

Coordinating footwear is a must though

15 Likes

The Florida House Health & Human Services Committee has approved plans to issue subpoenas to state medical organizations that support gender-affirming care for trans youth.

1 Like

Sounds like those asshats are trying violate HIPAA.

4 Likes

And to intimidate health care professionals so that they stop caring for this community.

10 Likes

Seriously… EVERYONE should have a kilt!

16 Likes
8 Likes

Check This Out GIF

14 Likes

Heeled boots are usually considered fem. But most western boots have at least a small heel. Thus, special exception to the “biological gender” bullshit.

11 Likes

Obligatory:

9 Likes

Sporran-taneous!

6 Likes

It makes me think of the Village People,

Randy’s good people.

7 Likes

David, 32, sat down in the governor’s office on March 27 with a prepared statement about legislation affecting transgender Montanans and the LGBTQ+ community generally, to which David says he belongs. He wanted to talk about Senate Bill 99, a ban on gender-affirming health care for minors; Senate Bill 458, a bill to define sex as strictly binary in Montana code; and House Bill 359, a ban on drag performances in many public spaces. Sitting across from his father in the governor’s office, with Gianforte’s top health adviser present, David said, he read his printed statement out loud.

“Hey Dad. Thanks for setting aside time to meet with me, it means a lot to me,” David said. “There are a lot of important issues passing through the legislature right now. For my own sake I’ve chosen to focus primarily on transgender rights, as that would significantly directly affect a number of my friends … I would like to make the argument that these bills are immoral, unjust, and frankly a violation of human rights.”

David, who identifies as nonbinary and uses “he” and “they” pronouns, is the governor’s second oldest of four children. In

9 Likes

That’s interesting. I have to wonder if it will carry any weight. Way too many of these asshats will happily throw their own loved ones under the bus for that sweet MAGAt backing.

14 Likes