Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Did you mean to use “normative”, or is there another word I’m not aware of?

6 Likes

Yes, that’s what I meant… I think… now rethinks entire adult life

9 Likes

Do do do do do…

6 Likes

6 Likes

Which is incredibly dumb. Yes, upper-body strength can help with sweeping, but it’s also a game of precision and control. Take away sweeping (like in wheelchair or stick curling) and any gender-based advantage disappears.

Now I want to see an all-trans team at the Scotties or the Brier. I want to live in that world. A world where five (yes, including the spare) ladies or gents can raise their brooms in pride and no one cares about the bits under their clothes.

5 Likes

10 Likes

Archery and shooting? Darts? I suspect SWM are not interested in getting tneir asses kicked by “others.”

6 Likes

Don’t go there.
At least not without a nice cup of tea and a huge wedge of chocolate cake.

5 Likes

Die normative Kraft des Faktischen?

1 Like

10 Likes

Thread:

8 Likes

The other side of that idea is that if rights get taken away from vulnerable groups, that means that the rights of everyone else is also threatened. There is no downside to making the world kinder, more accessible, more just, and easier to navigate for everyone. Improving the lives of some improves the lives of all.

10 Likes

Yup. The “rising tide” pushes, it doesn’t pull. That’s what people fuck up when they think about it. They think somehow that because it raises a yacht, the dinghy comes with.

Nope, it’s because the tide that floats the dinghy raises the yacht at the same time. If it came from above, the dinghies would be swamped and destroyed.

5 Likes

Enough with this shit.

Seriously, I am tired of it. Stop trying to kill kids.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Besides transphobia- If it passes - kids will be accusing everyone.

8 Likes

But only girls. The layers of fucked-upedness on this one could make a lasagna look like a single, bare noodle.

9 Likes

This seems doomed to fail in practice if it passes. Just dispute everyone, at every game. Boys and girls, every sport. If they refuse to check everyone, then they can’t justify checking anyone.

ETA: And then it runs afoul of Title IX protections (if it didn’t already) and can be shot down by the 9th Circuit Court.

8 Likes

Yeah, this could not possibly be used as a tool of harassment or other fucked up fuckery. No chance at all, right? :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Putting this here, because it’s about things we aren’t doing right:

12 Likes