Today in transphobia (Part 1)

(Seriously, Mumsnet can sod right off.)

4 Likes
6 Likes

Ha, now my Mum is off to buy strawberries to spite them! :grin:

8 Likes

buffy-who-what

18 Likes

“Could vaccines containing female DNA from aborted babies be causing gender confusion?”

Narrator: No, they really couldn’t.

But if I go with my feelings, rather than actual science, then

fuck

23 Likes

That’s why I get as many vaccines as possible - pretty soon it will all be female dna.

Don’t tell them about blood transfusions.

23 Likes

OH MY GOD IT HAS THE WORD TRANS IN IT!!!

23 Likes

15 Likes

14 Likes

That’s a new one. They know trans predates vaccines, right? Of course not, because THEY SUCK!!!

10 Likes

There’s an endless supply of and varieties of transphobes looking to marginalize transgender people and deny our existence.

Gender identity change in a transsexual: an exorcism.

Barlow DH, et al. Arch Sex Behav. 1977.

Show full citation

Abstract

Gender identity change in a conservatively diagnosed 21-year-old transexual after faith healing was fortuitously observed, was objectively and independently measured, and is reported. This case, and other recent developments, suggests a reexamination of the possibilities of psychosocial intervention to modify atypical gender identity.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/921523/

Church accused of conducting ‘transgender exorcism’ on 13-year-old

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/02/26/church-accused-of-conducting-transgender-exorcism-on-13-year-old/

10 Likes

Someone just reminded me that TERFs and Holocaust Denial go hand in hand.

Magnus Hirschfeld coined the term transsexualism,[6] identifying the clinical category which his colleague Harry Benjamin would later develop in the United States. Transgender people were on the staff of the Institute, as well as being among the clients there. Various endocrinologic and surgical services were offered, including the first modern sex reassignment surgeries in the 1930s. Hirschfeld also worked with Berlin’s police department to curtail the arrest of cross-dressed individuals, including those suspected of wearing certain clothing in connection with sex work, through the creation of transvestite passes issued on behalf of the Institute to those who had a personal desire to wear clothing associated with a gender other than the one assigned to them at birth.

and in a letter from Emma Goldman (one of the original radical feminists) to Magnus Hirschfeld sent during the early 1920s.

It is a tragedy, I feel, that people of a different sexual type are caught in a world which shows so little understanding for homosexuals and is so crassly indifferent to the various gradations and variations of gender and their great significance in life.

19 Likes

Ret-conned hate. Yay.

12 Likes

I have a copy of the memoirs of a doctor who worked at the institute & had to flee the Nazis.

He of course discusses working with transgender people.

12 Likes

5cf0a238880cf93e6eea80adb9ac07e3

7 Likes

Jesus Christ, what a moron peddling easily disprovable “facts”!

Incidentally, If I manage to get to teach a world history survey this fall (which isn’t looking likely, but I just put in yet another application for a limited term position), one of the historical figures I’m planning on including is Magnus Hirshfeld (along with Walter Benjamin the same week). His work was so ground breaking and for people who don’t know it, it’s really eye opening, pushing back the real start of the LGBQT+ rights to the beginning of the century, really.

13 Likes

One of the things Dr Lenz alludes to in his memoirs is that the Institute was targeted first
because several high up party members were getting treatment there. He suggests for masochism - but gives the dodge of “but a Dr could never disclose”.

10 Likes

vaccines containing female DNA from aborted babies

Gah, the stupid; it fucking burns.

13 Likes

Gets pretty tiring saying that to every single transphobic “fact”, but it’s still true.

10 Likes

Don’t these dupes know anything?

It’s the fluoride.

9 Likes