Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Could also be posted in the positive trans news stories thread for the stand up women who left their jobs to protest bigotry.

11 Likes

The Labour Party aren’t going to do a thing about Rosie Duffield, or any other TER.

They’ve just put a TER in charge of transforming the culture of the Labour Party

Nita Clarke tried to encourage JKR to start her own political party opposing Corbyn. People have been permanently thrown out of the Labour Party for far less.

The only reason I’m still a member of the party is that it might still be salvageable if we can get Starmer out. Joining it feels like one of the worst mistakes I have ever made.

13 Likes

derry-girls-sweet-gentle-jesus

12 Likes
14 Likes
8 Likes

This forum topic on gaming forum Resetera starts with a post that compiles evidence and analysis of the words and actions of the game dev CD Projekt RED and comes to the conclusion that they are a transphobic game studio.

My hype and interest for Cyberpunk 2077 faded to nothing a good while ago. I saw that it was going to be your typical dudebro mega-AAA game that only uses the cyberpunk genre as set dressing. A disgrace the whole genre that doesn’t ask any serious questions about the real world, or get the player thinking.

I’d known about the garbage tweets and hollow apologies that CDPR kept speaking, but reading this thread, which puts it all together in one place and provides analysis and deeper commentary on how and why the company is this bad, is a real big help for those of us who’d like to try and spread the word and put a dent, however small, in the sales of this game. This game which takes an important genre and mangles it into a generic power fantasy.

1 Like

This is not in any way transphohic, but does start by referencing it and is packed with good info for all, LGBTQ or not.

10 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes
15 Likes

caNcel cUlTurE!1!

12 Likes

God that’s depressing.

I was hoping to visit there this summer for a course - there’s lots of other places I can visit in Europe and not worry so much about being assaulted.

Boycott the UK?

12 Likes

Iceland’s nice, and a shorter flight. They have volcanos!

14 Likes

My niece went there and watched the northern lights from a hot spring with a glass of wine!

That girl is smart.

15 Likes

“Vixenamoric” sounds like furry lesbian foxes.

6 Likes

Just more “shoving people in boxes” shit. We would be so much happier as a species if we could get over trying to force other people into categories and just let them be. Unless you are interested in a romantic relationship with another person, it does not matter! To paraphrase Thomas Jefferson, “I do not care if my neighbor loves men, women or both. It neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket.”

17 Likes

dany-this

12 Likes

Yep. You like what you like.

Which doesn’t mean that examining whether attractions and dis-attractions are influenced by societal bias is a bad thing.

14 Likes

Of course, examination of societal biases and implications is always warranted. These jerks always want to make it personal, though. “Your affections are threatening to me because they don’t match my preconceived notions. If they are allowed, I may have to reexamine my received wisdom! Horrors! Clutch much pearls!” Yeah, I think I can safely say, my sympathy for that sort of “trauma” is pretty damned limited.

14 Likes

It’s got another piece that isn’t discussed here - body shaming - lots of portraying trans people’s bodies as ugly and repulsive. Often calling trans woman’s vaginas “open wounds” Etc - I won’t get into some of the more repulsive descriptions they use.

That article describes the face they try to use to appear vaguely reasonable to the media - their more ugly selves is directed outside of those efforts.

14 Likes