Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Tory peer Baroness Nicholson thinks that it is ‘very dangerous’ for the BBC to tell children about pronouns

This can’t be a real person.

15 Likes

Sounds like the UK needs some Schoolhouse Rock!

11 Likes

Not even preferred pronouns, but just pronouns in general?1?

Who is this twunt; the would be murderer of Rufus Xavier Sarsaparilla?

12 Likes

My new, favourite word for stirring heartless bitches full of sneering hate.

“Baroness” is a pronoun, right…? :thinking:

12 Likes

14 Likes

I feel like if at any point in my life violent racists took out billboards to say how much they loved me, I’d stop and consider what I was doing.

16 Likes

I think that level of self relfection is beyond JK Rowling.

12 Likes

Kudos; that’s exactly what it means in Melz-speak!

8 Likes

23 Likes
14 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: LGBTQ+ News

How many times must we do this?

13 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: LGBTQ+ & Queer Positive News

*screaming

16 Likes

BBC staff who are required to be politically neutral have been told not to attend LGBT pride marches under new impartiality rules announced on Thursday, i has learned.

One employee in news and current affairs was informed they could be issued with a formal warning or suspended from their job if they attend LGBT events.

David Jordan, the corporation’s director of editorial policy and standards, told a meeting of senior executives on Wednesday that the new rules include a ban on attending “political protests”, such as Black Lives Matter events and LGBT prides.

According to sources, senior staff challenged Mr Jordan to extend the ban to pride events over concerns the BBC could be seen to take a side in the debate around transgender rights.

15 Likes

The BBC - Where neutrality becomes quasi-fascism.

14 Likes

I’d say What the FUCK, but… :woman_shrugging:t3:

It isn’t every employee - but saying even one cannot attend is bullshit.

Fuck the BBC.

15 Likes

Doesn’t that violate their human rights? I mean, what if a BBC’er is Black or LGBTQ+? Doesn’t that constitute a prohibition to be themselves?

14 Likes

Yes. There’s a distinction between partisan political activity and issue advocacy.

They’re not saying you can’t attend a March of Dimes Walk or environmental event. They’re saying that race and LGBT people’s rights are suspect.

18 Likes

“These are political issues, not human rights issues, here’s Jan with the weather.”

15 Likes