Today in transphobia (Part 1)

12 Likes
18 Likes

So when are you going to suspend the transphobes in the Labour party, Starmer? Actions speak louder than words.

16 Likes

“Tragically”… it strikes me that using language like that makes it seem like no one is responsible for the state of affairs of violence against transfolk. As you say, actions speak volumes and labour seems to be failing on taking action to protect the trans community.

13 Likes

Unfortunately, labour has failed to even live up to the roots of its name in the last 30 years, the fact that it would fail one of the many groups of people it should be supporting is no real surprise :frowning:

3 Likes

11 Likes

They responded.

15 Likes
20 Likes

Sometimes it feels so good to see someone get over the lowest bar.

10 Likes

To be fair - he was onboard on this issue before others in the Obama administration and led on it back then. Personal relationships with a trans person always help - and he had that.

11 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes

God dammit.

14 Likes

The BBC are at it again

It’s Holocaust Memorial Day in two months time. Will the BBC be inviting David Irving* onto Newsnight, or is it only trans people who have to face abuse in the name of “balance”?

* I hope the BBC will never do this, but trans people in the UK are facing that same kind of DARVO so I will carry on using that comparison. There’s plenty of Holocaust denial from those who don’t believe that trans people were targeted by the nazis too.

15 Likes

I heard that on my local member station last night. I’m deeply saddened by this.

[ETA] SPLC’s statements on the current lawsuit:

11 Likes

I note their claim that hate is a valid emotion is offered in response to tweets remembering those who were victims of violence.

But seriously, people trying to say it’s okay to hate and it’s a valid emotion… what school of psychology did they graduate from? There’s a reason we have numerous stories about the danger of hatred and revenge. It’s bad for you to hate people.

And I’m not being all lovey-dovey or criticizing anyone who hates the fucks who wrote those tweets. It’s not like everyone who has a loved one killed in a hate crime should rush out and forgive the people who did it. That’s bullshit. But if you go see a therapist they’ll probably tell you that finding a path to letting go of the hate is going to be good for you.

The idea that there could be any merit in hating group of people for who they are (not for what they did to you) is absolute fucking insanity. That’s fascist propaganda.

17 Likes
10 Likes

Congrats on being part of the international Jewish cabal to overthrow European civilization, I guess?

14 Likes

Wow… They forgot to add something about diluting the white race, etc?

10 Likes
9 Likes