Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Thread

9 Likes

Damn, so Trans=Jewish? My youngest is going to be so shocked! Way behind on the bat mitzvah, which I don’t even begin to know how to plan. :man_facepalming: How the holy hell did we get here?

8 Likes

That’s a screen shot of the unzrеview, which is run by racists and antisemites. Of course they “say the quiet part out loud.”

The judges said in their ruling: “It is highly unlikely that a child aged 13 or under would be competent to give consent to the administration of puberty blockers.

“It is doubtful that a child aged 14 or 15 could understand and weigh the long-term risks and consequences of the administration of puberty blockers.”

They added: “In respect of young persons aged 16 and over, the legal position is that there is a presumption that they have the ability to consent to medical treatment.

Well, there goes Gillick Competence. This is a loss for cis girls as well as young trans people.

13 Likes

Bigoted assholes in charge!

11 Likes

There are a lot of people who are anti-trans because they have internalized bad messages about gender from a society that has some big issues with it. But a lot of bigots are bigots because they are deeply invested in bigotry itself. And no matter who it is - the transgender people, the gays, the Blacks - it’s always the Jews with them.

11 Likes

14 Likes

I know it’s bullshit and the fascists don’t care if I point out they’re hypocrites, but I can’t really keep it in right now.

The ruling was about the ability of a child to consent. If their parents are explaining it to them, it stands to reason those parents were consenting on their behalf, the same way they would for dangerous heart surgery or cancer treatment. I thought this ruling was going to harm trans kids with transphobic parents, but if it’s harming trans kids with supportive parents who are on board that makes is pretty clear that people are just using the informed-consent wedge to fuck over trans people (and the people doing it probably don’t give a fuck about consent).

14 Likes

That was always the point.

The TERFs in particular are like turkeys celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas all at once because they don’t see how their arguments against trans people can (and will) be used to deny contraceptives to girls and young women. They have betrayed feminism again, which is why I usually call them TERs.

15 Likes

It’s the point of the anti-trans activists to harm trans people. What galls me is that the lawyers telling the doctors how to respond to this ruling seem to have read the anti-trans activist point rather than the judges’ ruling. Like everyone knows what this is really about and that the competence thing is just a pretense, they just don’t necessarily know they know it.

10 Likes

They do, though. They care about how to make it so consent does not matter. I am waiting for the right wangers here to use this a template to screw over trans kids in the US as well.

13 Likes
9 Likes
16 Likes
12 Likes
14 Likes

And those rare occasions are still that person making a choice for themselves. I would bet dollars to donuts that, when the anti-trans crowd is finally forced to relent on primary transition, they’ll go after de-transition next. It’s standard playbook for reactionaries to express concern for a group they don’t actually give a shit about as an argument against the group they hate.

15 Likes

Um… seems to me that wearing Nazi paraphernalia is what got that person “demonized.”

Fucking around with evil tends to have that effect.

14 Likes

They are already starting to go after asexual and bisexual/pansexual people. The LGB alliance are too fucking stupid to see where this ends.

15 Likes

Some people are now going mask off.

14 Likes

25? Geez.

When I was sixteen, I knew shit.

9 Likes