Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Bangers and mash as breakfast, was that you?
Monty Python?

4 Likes

8 Likes
8 Likes

Another NEVER-WAS twunt, vying for some attention any way she can get it.

Probably just mad because even as a cis-het bio-woman, she will never be as physically attractive as some of the goddesses who have come out as Trans:

And as for being pretty on the inside?

She could ‘eat makeup’ for the rest of her life, and it still wouldn’t help.

12 Likes

Who is obsessed with identity politics again?

13 Likes

:black_small_square: Alabama
:black_small_square:Kentucky
:black_small_square: Missouri
:black_small_square: Montana
:black_small_square: Tennessee
:black_small_square: Texas
:black_small_square: South Dakota
:black_small_square: Utah
:black_small_square: Arizona

All on my NEVER LIVE THERE list that I started back when abortion was the main concern of fascists and bigots. I guess I can redouble that now…

12 Likes

Yeah - if I have to move there in my golden years - I’ve lost at life.

9 Likes

Because of course she did on her way out the door.

“ The memo seeks to significantly warp the Supreme Court’s landmark 2020 ruling in Bostock v. Clayton County , which established that employment laws barring discrimination on the basis of sex also prohibit discrimination based on sexuality and gender identity.

While the court ruling concerned workplace protections enshrined in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the same arguments could be applied to a swathe of other civil rights laws including Title IX, which prohibits discrimination based on sex in education.”

“ In its ruling, the court concluded: “It is impossible to discriminate against a person for being homosexual or transgender without discriminating against that individual based on sex.”

The Trump administration memo, however, seems to reach the exact opposite conclusion from the Supreme Court, arguing that the court’s ruling “is consistent with and further supports the department’s long-standing construction of the term ‘sex’ in Title IX to mean biological sex, male or female”.”

The complete opposite of the law.

14 Likes

As always- but wait - there’s more!

13 Likes

Never ending shitstorm of transphobia

11 Likes

Insert “that’s bait” gif here.

6 Likes

Reps like this have got to GO:

12 Likes

Unfortunately there are places where this kind of stupidity will make him even more popular. State reps usually represent a small enough population that they may not have enough open minded constituents to actually face consequences for shit like this.

11 Likes

“Government small enough to fit in children’s underwear”.

8 Likes

Gee, I wonder what sort of folks would be interested in serving on such a board…:thinking:

9 Likes

Thread. Analysis of a dumbass app.
iTrans™ We Share Your Info From Your Closet So You Don’t Have To!

Dammit, I need to trademark iTrans™ stat!

12 Likes

Rand Paul comment’s on “gender mutilation” during Rachel Levine’s confirmation hearing were transphobic - Vox

Damn Rand Paul… The asshole is a physician! He very well knows the difference between transgender medical care and genital mutilation! But is sounds good to the omniphobes, so he plays dumb.

12 Likes

This was the same person who refused to wear a mask while he was waiting for the results of a covid test, because now “if he had it, he can’t catch it, so what’s the point.”

I keep thinking I couldn’t hate this man more, and he keeps making me hate him more.

13 Likes

David has a good point here (and I love his phrase “vice signaling”, btw): put the blame in the right place. It isn’t “Minnesota” or “Texas”, it’s individuals and a party. Ignore and anonymize them at your peril. But also recognize what they are doing. They don’t (in many cases) care about transgender folks enough to hate them, they just know it’s people with little power and little support and therefore easy to target in a show of performative cruelty.

Michael Harriot isn’t talking about trans rights specifically in that article, but about what white Christian supremacy does whenever they see someone building a power structure outside of theirs. There are intersections and echoes of COINTELPRO in todays trans rights battles. LGBTQ+ groups were part of the Rainbow Coalition: anti-Black racism was the primary motivating factor, but as he points out, the white Christian supremacists will do this to anyone they see as building support outside the hegemony.

Trans rights are human rights. And it’s humans – not some nameless, faceless entity – that want to take them away.

12 Likes

But only the south is hateful! /s

d&d nerd GIF

11 Likes