Today in transphobia (Part 2)

It would be great if no one showed up.

8 Likes

:rage:

4 Likes
3 Likes

The Georgia Senate Committee on Education and Youth voted 6-3 along party lines to advance S.B. 88, a bill that bans both public and private schools in the state from teaching “gender identity, queer theory, gender ideology, or gender transition.”
The bill bizarrely defines “queer theory” as the idea that transgender and nonbinary people can exist.

WTAF is this shit?

Laptop Goodbye GIF

3 Likes

That fits with something I’ve been thinking about after reading Neil Gaiman’s statement which @Mindysan33 shared above. What he said was, “But that means there must be tens of millions of trans and gay people reading my books and comics. And I’m good with that.”

It occurred to me that the inclusion of LGBTQI people in fantasy stories is one of the elements of realism that make those stories more believable. A world where everyone is straight and cis could only exist in a fantasy, and it wouldn’t be a fantasy I’d be interested in.

11 Likes

Point Sopranos GIF by Sky

I’d never thought of that, but yeah… especially since a lot of traditional fantasy leans hard into the idealization of hetero-normative tropes…

12 Likes

It certainly seems like a first amendment violation. Especially for private schools.

5 Likes

Trying to head off a “woke” version of Massive Resistance, maybe? But yeah, like most of these, they can’t help but overreach.

6 Likes

I just knew this was coming :unamused:

3 Likes

“ Rogan also suggested that transition regret is common — which it is not. “Even the f------ New York Times wrote a major story about detransitioners. …”

But the NYT is just asking questions.

3 Likes

The original link:

6 Likes

So, “theory” in the same sense as the theory of evolution or big bang theory, other well-established parts of reality that certain political parties like to pretend are not. It all goes nicely together, you know, fighting truth and fighting kindness.

5 Likes

The girl is still alive, but very fucking far from OK.

5 Likes
7 Likes

that your child could be trans.

13 Likes
8 Likes
13 Likes

Not good enough, but something, I guess.

11 Likes
9 Likes

Thank you—I heard about that earlier but all the sources I was finding were ones that repeated it as fact, although I did see a comment that by the same logic (using male aliases) J.K. Rowling is also trans.

8 Likes