Today in transphobia (Part 2)

Yes, because the mainstream media has a huge problem with just taking right wing outlets at their word.

13 Likes
13 Likes

I feel confident stating that Carden Summers is a piece of shit.

11 Likes

Facts. Also a coward.

That is when, according to multiple witnesses, Sen. Summers stood up and fumbled his words, repeating, “I mean, yeah, I’m going to make sure she’s safe by going to the right bathroom,” continuing to use the correct pronouns for Aleix. When asked if he would make her go to a boy’s bathroom, he then allegedly backed away, saying, “You’re attacking me,” turned around, and walked off quickly.

ETA: It’s important to not that Aleix and her mother didn’t approach Summers. They were waiting to see a pro-LGBTQ Democratic Senator. Summers approached them and apparently failed to notice the pro-LGTBQ signage they were holding. This is all on him. Nobody verbally attacked him in any way.

12 Likes

Says the grown man to a kid.

14 Likes
13 Likes

I feel confident stating that JK Rowling is also a piece of shit.

Seriously, she’s like the Anti-Gaiman.

15 Likes

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Law & Order

13 Likes

I still remember the first time she said something mildly transphobic on Xitter many years ago
and I’m embarrassed to admit I defended her. I gave her the benefit of the doubt at the time and thought she was making a joke out of ignorance. Which
she may have been at the time, but rather than respond to the criticism by educating herself, she just went the other way and went full transphobe. Or, more likely, she always was and I had just missed it. In hindsight, I’m also a little embarrassed that I missed the more problematic aspects of the books, including the bank goblins. The YouTuber Shaun posted a really good video pointing out all the issues with the series about a year ago.

14 Likes

I don’t think you should feel bad for that
 Rowling wrote a series (imperfect as it was/is) that people loved and identified with, and I don’t think anyone expected her to go down this road of being a shitty human. And of course, I think most of us want to give people who make art that’s popular the benefit of the doubt

And of course, that was the problem. If she’d made a mistake by saying something bigoted, learned from it, and came out a better person, that would have been awesome
 but she just doubled down.

12 Likes

Not even just doubled down, but went on to make it her entire raison d’ĂȘtre. Like, even as an author she has moved on to writing more explicitly transphobic books. At this point she is well on her way to being “famous bigot, who I think had something to do with wizards at some point”.

11 Likes

May that go on her tombstone if she doesn’t change her ways

12 Likes

Tangential question, does piss corrode tombstones?

11 Likes

Yes, if there’s enough of it. Just as a river carves through mighty mountains, the streams of the many may carve the gravestones of assholes

9 Likes

This requires long term testing. When the tombstone becomes available.

9 Likes

So did I, I don’t like to assume the worst of people. Directing hate at others is exhausting for me, it doesn’t make me feel good. It’s depressing that not everyone feels like that.

10 Likes

She’s going to need to be buried under concrete, like Jimmy Savile was.

12 Likes

To prevent her soulless corpse from rising again? Or did that already happen?

8 Likes

Buffy knew lots of ways to ensure that doesn’t happen.

Just Saying Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

7 Likes

‘Proud’ JK Rowling donates £70k to transphobic legal battle to block equalities legislation for transgender people

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/scottish-news/proud-jk-rowling-donates-70k-32149025.amp

(WARNING: Link goes to Daily Express)

At this point she’s about a year away from getting divorced and marrying Glinner, then going on X to rant about purity of bodily essence and the need for more Aryan babies.

10 Likes