Today in transphobia (Part 2)

9 Likes

A colleague was parrotting that BS. I asked him if he’s already scheduled a protest of Cheesy Fries Day next year (April 20, 2025; same as Easter). Response:

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

12 Likes
8 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes

Transphobia is unfortunately not just a phase.

10 Likes

Ok, I first began to experience these feelings around age 5…I’m now 55…damn, that’s a long ass phase. How much longer is this supposed to last?

11 Likes

Most people stop having them somewhere between ages 80 and 120.
#DeadIsTheOnlyTrueGender

12 Likes

i see what you did there cas GIF

11 Likes

More accurate headline:

Majority of children who are not trans grow up to be not trans.

I would call them idiots, but they are really not. They are kind of genius at lying while sounding sincere. But that is not better, actually.

11 Likes

This exact same propaganda has been showing up and being swatted down for decades. Kelley Winters was key in pushing back on it back in the day. Many professionals just accepted it uncritically. Because who needs happy, productive, well adjusted trans people?

8 Likes

Yeah, sadly, zombie “studies” and “facts” seem to be omnipresent these days, in way too many fields. You can kill them, and they always rise again. They just refuse to stay dead. I guess to certain folks, they sound so good, they must be true!

8 Likes

Thats Me I Am GIF by Ryn Dean

I want a world full of happy, productive well adjusted people.

9 Likes

I Do GIF by MOODMAN

9 Likes

Now this is some bullshit.

The Sankei Shimbun (a right-wing Japanese rag newspaper) is reporting that many major Japanese bookstore chains are refusing to carry the Japanese translation of Abigail Shrier’s transphobic screed “Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters” because of arson threats.

Why am I calling bullshit? Because the publishing wing of The Sankei Shimbun just so happens to be the publisher of said Japanese translation, and the article helpfully points readers to Amazon, where the publicity has pushed the book to topseller status. So, yeah, I’m not a big believer in the whole arson threat part of the story. Also, this story conveniently came out on the same day the book was released. Imagine that.

7 Likes

9 Likes

It’s true, if you refuse to distinguish trans women from cis men then they are part of a privileged class. Also, if you refuse to distinguish them from orcas, then they’re part of a group that’s been sinking yachts. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Asshole.

12 Likes

gender ideology “is one of the most dangerous ideological colonizations” in the world because “it blurs differences and the value of men and women.”

People can’t have value separate from their gender. Nope, can’t happen. /s

“Asshole” is too generous.

8 Likes

So much for the cool pope… :rage:

11 Likes