Today in transphobia (Part 2)

11 Likes

JK Rowling later acknowledged gender dysphoria is a “real and very painful condition”. She felt “nothing but sympathy for anyone who suffers from it”.

A condition for which there is a known and proven treatment: transition and other gender affirming healthcare, including being acknowledged by others as the gender with which you identify. I neither need nor want your sympathy, JK, et al. To paraphrase Sarah Moore Grimke, “I ask no favors for my gender. I surrender not our claim to equality. All I ask of others is, that they will take their feet from off our necks, and permit us to stand upright on that ground which God designed us to occupy.”

13 Likes
9 Likes

It’s like saying “myocardial infarction is a serious, painful, and life-threatening condition” and then encouraging your fans to call in bomb threats on cardiac catheterization labs.

computer rage GIF

8 Likes
10 Likes

Jesus biscuits!

Pop Tv Alexis Rose GIF by Schitt's Creek

12 Likes
9 Likes

Wonder why?

According to the Associated Press, about 125 NAIA schools are religiously affiliated. Seventeen of the 20 members of the organization’s Council of Presidents who voted for the new policy are from Christian schools. The NAIA is believed to be the first college sports organization to fully ban trans women from women’s sports.

Oh, that’s why. Fuckin’ assholes…
Half the school are religion-associated, but 17 of 20 on the governing body are from that half. Curiouser and curiouser.

9 Likes
8 Likes

12 Likes
10 Likes

Apparently Harrisonburg, Waynesboro and Charlottesville locations recieved bomb threats. Transphobic assholes doing their thing locally.

Sad Sports Bar GIF by Originals

8 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes

They’re really bad at pretending to be a LGB rights group, rather than a ChristoFash anti-trans front.

In November 2020, LGB Alliance Canada submitted a brief in opposition to a proposed ban on conversion therapy.[137][138]

Plenty of LGB people have been tossed into conversion therapy’s Room 101, but no, they want to keep their weapon of harm for trans people. :rage:

8 Likes

*thread*

11 Likes

I was wondering… I just read the guardian article and it was maddeningly vague except for her conclusion that puberty blockers/hormones for under 18 = bad… :rage:

Sound yeah, sounds like more TER horseshit.

Angry Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF

9 Likes

6 Likes

If the takeaway is to be that getting kids into legitimate, supportive therapy earlier is a good idea, I am all for it. My reading would suggest that she is of the “trans-trender” mindset, that “this is just a phase and will pass if we ignore it” sort of thing. There is a lot of literature and research on the improved outcome of transition, so I am not certain what she was looking for, but I am not terribly happy with what I read in tis article.

Ah, there it is a couple posts down. TERF city. nice lady asshole. Fucking a…

8 Likes

yep, seems to be…

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

9 Likes