Today in transphobia (Part 2)

9 Likes

Camel’s nose, meet tent entrance…

8 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes

Wes Streeting has always been a Tory bastard, actual party affiliation aside.

9 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes

Cis women are more likely to be harmed by this type of transphobia than trans women, since the number of gender non-conforming cis women far outnumbers trans women, especially in things like sports. Of course, TERFs have said that this is ‘acceptable collateral damage’ in the past because harming trans women is more important than not harming cis women. ‘Feminism’…

11 Likes

The mandatory “sexual confirmation exams” that can be triggered by anyone “raising a concern” is a very effective way to keep all women form participating in sports. Which is, of course, exactly as intended by the assholes who enact these rules.

11 Likes

Yep. Of course these transphobic assholes are keen to hurt trans girls and women, but if they can also stick it to cis women and get them out sports, they’ll gladly take the opportunity…

10 Likes

This is how women were banned from playing football in England 100 years ago.

Just wait for the arguments that women shouldn’t be playing football because they get far more ACL injuries than men. There will be no attempt to fix the problem like they did 20 years ago with men.

11 Likes

Well, but see, wimmins are delicate flowers and their precious ACLs must be protected at all cost!!! /s

10 Likes

She just keeps getting terfier and terfier.

10 Likes

Don’t know how to tell you this Joanne, but I’m pretty sure they have no intention of apologising to you, let alone anything to apologise for.

11 Likes

Trans Safety Network are still working on processing the review, but we believe there to be systemic biases in the ways that the review prioritises speculative and hearsay evidence to advance its own recommendations while using highly stringent evidence standards to exclude empirical and observational data on actual patients. This adds to the concerns we have previously had about Cass excluding trans people from the research oversight board - that Cass was set up from the start to impose a particular perspective without input from the patient cohort affected by the outcome.

10 Likes
11 Likes

Leading paediatrician transphobe Dr Hilary Cass

Much more accurate. This would be like calling Dr. Robert Sears a “leading pediatrician.” Leading only in the sense of garnering a lot of press for bullshit views.

11 Likes

This is making me think of the “I aim to misbehave” speech from Firefly. Fucking conversion therapy. Jesus. That should be dead and buried already.

A year from now, 10, they’ll swing back to the belief that they can make people…better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin’. I aim to misbehave.

11 Likes

15 Likes