Today in transphobia (Part 2)

10 Likes

And I think Hilary Cass ate lead paint chips as a child. See? I can make assertions without one bit of evidence, too!

13 Likes

I hope for the day when Hilary Cass is recognised for having the scientific credibility of Andrew Wakefield and Antonio Egas Moniz.

12 Likes

Reminder for all who need it: This is the same woman who rejects all data demonstrating the benefits of supportive care for trans folks because there are no randomized, double-blind trials. I would love to see her randomized, double-blind trial that proves this load of horseshit. Pretty damned selective in your criticism, there, Dr. Cass.

13 Likes

The fact they went with her for an ‘unbiased’ perspective pisses me off. What other reports do they specifically exclude actual experts who have worked in the field being reported on from because of ‘bias’? They aren’t concerned about bias at all, in fact they wanted someone who was biased AGAINST trans care, which professionals who work with trans people and know we’re not some weird ‘other’, but actual people, would be unlikely to do. Ghouls the lot of them.

11 Likes

Darts?

11 Likes

Well, you see, biological males can hold their liquor much better than biological females, giving them a distinct advantage in a bar sport like darts. /s

11 Likes

I think I now understand why she’s so scared, thanks to you

11 Likes

That reminded me of this.

Image of It's kind of intimidating to be in the presence of so many great athletes.

10 Likes

About halfway through that video, I noticed that when the one “competitor” was drinking, the other was in the background casually throwing actual darts.

9 Likes

Huh, Target actually thinks Jim Bob is their demographic

(Yahoo reprint)

9 Likes

That was what televised darts competitions were like in the UK in the 1970-90s, except without the commentary on the players drinking.

10 Likes

I was going to poke fun at this, but in country where televised golf is a big thing, I got nothing.

7 Likes

Televised golf is great! (for napping on a Sunday afternoon). It’s very polite of the announcers to whisper and the spectators to clap gently.

9 Likes

Well, just put them further back… it worked with O’Brien and augmented Bashir! /s

9 Likes

Golf is best televised. That lets them cut straight to the action. Can you imagine watching it in person, where you have to wait for it?

7 Likes

no. That’s a vision of hell. Seriously, no. And there are people who not only do this, but pay for it? Masochists, the lot of them.

9 Likes

Televised darts was introduced by David Attenborough, of all people. Darts and snooker were used to promote the idea of colour television.

8 Likes

That cracks me up for many reasons but mainly because I used to play in an amateur darts league and the best player on our team was a woman who’d drink half a dozen Black Russians during every competition. She regularly beat all of us.

I found that a pint or two seemed to improve my performance as it calmed my nerves, though anything more than that and my ability to even hit the board plummeted, but she played just as well at the beginning of the night as she did at the end. She was just that good.

Televised snooker is one of the things I miss from my time in England.

6 Likes

I played a lot of cricket in college and that was my experience as well. When sober, I seemed to try too much and miss my target. At 3+ pints, I was all over the place. However, with just the right buzz, while not to the level of professionals, I was very good at darts.

5 Likes