Today in transphobia (Part 1)

3 Likes

14 Likes

Yeah, Tomi’s “in her corner;” I bet all the other transphobes in the GOP are really scared now…

11 Likes

The list of reasons she can fuck off is now a huge dumpster pile.

11 Likes

But they weren’t supposed to eat my friends’ faces!

7 Likes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/ecu/puberty-blockers-parents-warning-as-ruling-challenged-bbccouk

Not reporting that transphobic actions make trans people more likely to attempt suicide, on the grounds that reporting it might make trans people attempt suicide, is the biggest pile of bullshit I have ever seen from the BBC.

And I remember Orgreave.

14 Likes

It’s right the fuck up there.

God damn, these people.

11 Likes

When the leader of a political party resigns because she can’t stop the transphobes in the party, it is a bad sign.

The problem is that it isn’t just the Green Party of England and Wales, it is all of the major parties in Britain. Is it any wonder why there are so many young trans anarchists? Everyone is failing us except for other trans people.

15 Likes

Lets Go Reaction GIF

Here is what I think people don’t get about the willingness to abandon marginalized groups for short term political gains… if you’re willing to give away the rights of others, then at some point, they WILL come for you. It’s slippery slopes to hell for all of us, NOT protecting and fighting for the rights of people who are already marginalized. The health of a democracy is measure by how well you protect the vulnerable and marginalized. If you’re not doing that, you don’t live in a democracy.

15 Likes

It’s like the old poem goes: First the came for transwomen and I immediately thought it was okay if strangers demanded my teenage daughter have an invasive medical procedure to prove her gender.

Weren’t there supposed to be intermediate steps in the slippery slope?

14 Likes

No.

The first line should be

First they came for the transgender people and Niemoeller said nothing because he was a religious conservative and believed the Nazis were the lesser evil.

14 Likes

Exactly. This. Isn’t that what his poem is about (although he starts with the communists, I believe, when he should have started with the trans community)? That because he refused to speak out for those he didn’t care about or actively hated even, that it laid the groundwork for them to eventually come after him?

If we learned nothing from the Nazi era, we should have learned that trans folks are canaries in a coal mine. If their rights are under attack, we should pay attention.

13 Likes
14 Likes

If those parents can keep their kid from Marjorie Taylor Greene then I figure they’re good parents.

12 Likes

What a moronic tit; lots of ciswomen cannot physically breastfeed and therefore have to rely on bottle feeding - by that bigot’s “rationale” they should all have their babies taken from them too.

What a horrid excuse for a human being.

14 Likes

Like me. I couldn’t breast feed. Breast feeding a baby is one of the most ridiculous measures of being a “good mother.”

Also, damn those two parents are adorable!

12 Likes

I could, but that also made me fully aware of just how hard it is, and gave me sympathy for those who are unable to breastfeed, even if they want to.

Aside from all the other reasons Greene is a garbage person, that mentality she’s currently promoting with this pisses me off:

Snatch babies from loving families because they don’t fit into her personal idea of what a family is, meaning the babies would end up dumped in the foster system or the adoption system; neither of which is ideal for a child.

11 Likes

Totallly agree. I’m constantly surprised she doesn’t drown in her own bile or stroke out.

Or denying kids in the foster system a loving and stable home because the parents are gay or trans.

11 Likes

11 Likes

But hey, it fits in with a long tradition of things like that. Remember how same-sex couples shouldn’t marry because they won’t be able to have children, and how somehow that has nothing to do with infertile heterosexual couples?

I really hate transphobia, but I wonder, so long as it’s out there is it at least better for it to be associated with humanoid frass like Greene? Because I feel like there’s been a campaign to disguise it as caring about women, all the JK and TER smoke, and it would be nice to have it seen as the outright Nazism it really is. But that might just be the wishful thinking of privilege. :disappointed:

13 Likes