Today in transphobia (Part 1)

Joe Rogaine’s browser tabs are probably indistinguishable from Alex Jones.

8 Likes
9 Likes
11 Likes

And now the fucker has Covid, himself.

8 Likes

And I won’t forget to put roses on his grave.

8 Likes

Weird euphemism, but I’ll allow it.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Kisses from my chocolate starfish… :wink:

8 Likes

Thanks Politico - for saying what we’ve been saying for 30 years.

13 Likes

Green Party of England and Wales has been taken over by transphobes, Scottish Green Party hasn’t. GPEW then tries to campaign against trans rights in Scotland, gets told to stop their nonsense by Scottish Greens.

Apparently localism and decentralisation is fine until it gets in the way of the bigotry.

Thread:

15 Likes

What a polite way to say “fuck off you fucking TERs!”

12 Likes

Well, no new ones.

13 Likes
12 Likes

Talking of things taken over by TERFs, the increasingly-shit Guardian edited a Judith Butler interview to remove some words describing how TERFs won’t help against fascism - after the article had already been posted.

At least incompetence still steps on evil’s dick sometimes.

14 Likes

I read online that the interview with Butler originated in the US offices and the censorship in the Terf Island mothership. Apparently it was tagged to a series of articles on gender which someone, we must assume the UK old guard, has since spiked.

Can’t see the Guardian/Observer interviewing Judith Butler these days.

ETA

Probably caused a serious uptick in people reading Judith Butler which is a.good thing.

11 Likes

And it’s not just the UK and Grauniad.

I didn’t see the letter because Fucking Irish Times but they have some noted terfs in the house.

10 Likes

Very crossly posted in follow up.

“Pretext”

According to sources close to the situation, the company’s UK editors have used the offending section as a “pretext” to pull a Guardian US series focused on trans issues called Gender Now that Butler’s interview was meant to launch.

Twitter avatar for @EoinHiggins_Eoin Higgins @EoinHiggins_
Plot thickens—apparently the Butler interview was meant to launch a series called Gender Now. But UK editors have pulled the entire project and the link now goes to a blank page. ImageImage

September 7th 2021
323 Retweets1,260 Likes

12 Likes

What in the actual fuck… transphobic assholes.

10 Likes

“There is no content here” can apply to like half of their articles

7 Likes

They can’t get rid of the Internet Archive though

Complete with the original removed paragraphs

The Gilead are going to have to deal with the fallout of this for a long time.

17 Likes