Today in transphobia (Part 1)

It’s also spreading far and wide on Twitter, at least in the accounts on my Timeline.

It probably would have made less of a splash if the Guardian hadn’t so obviously tried to censor it… but now the Streisand Effect is in play. :smiling_imp:

15 Likes

I’d love to see the authors of the Guardian US series of articles on trans people’s lives that they canceled get posted somewhere.

12 Likes

For coming out as non-binary

15 Likes

Alas, there are all too many parents who need little excuse to disown their kids.

7 Likes

Only two more years…

Angry Season 9 GIF by Shameless

12 Likes

What horrible excuses for “parents.”

12 Likes
11 Likes

20 years ago I spoke about the Fringe Festival and cis people using trans folk as advertising and symbols. Glad that worked.

13 Likes

I am not surprised by this, or the dishonesty of TERs

I have wondered about how many trans “sex offenders” were actually sex workers before now, but I have no evidence to back up my belief that it is a higher than normal number, just strong suspicions. Not that it would make a difference to the TERs, the venn diagram for TERs and SWERs is close to being one circle.

13 Likes

TERs and police LIED about a trans woman?!?

Shocked Futurama GIF

13 Likes

I am not going to speculate who the senior MP is. They have good reason to remain anonymous.

14 Likes

This is fucking terrifying.

(More in the thread.)

14 Likes

How to support the status quo, while pissing off trans people.

What he is saying is that he won’t support changes in the law, but his choice of words make it clear that he is backing TERs in their fight against the bodily autonomy of trans people.

12 Likes

TX: Y’all Qaida or get out!!
Damn, they do know they are a minority, and are terrified that if they lose power, they will be treated as they have treated other minorities. Because they lack the imagination to see any other possibility. The only hope is to work like hell to make them a minority politically as they already are demographically.

12 Likes

Yes it is. Hard right candidates are oozing out of the woodwork so every GOPer in the state is pulling hard right so they don’t get primaried. In the meantime, they are also suppressing the vote of anyone who isn’t white and suppressing voting entirely in traditionally democratic areas. In previous legislative sessions, the GOPers could introduce atrocious bills like these and be comfortable in the knowledge the bills wouldn’t pass but they would get credit for making a fuss by the typical primary voter. Now so many are at risk of being primaried, it’s possible those bills will be passed. Gov. Abbottior in particular has gone bug-shit crazy in his effort to cater to the whims of the hard-right and the evangelicals.

And children suffer. People who need abortions suffer. BIPOC suffer. Not that any of these assholes care about that.

I’ve said it before, but Texas needs the federal voter protection bills or this shit will be permanent. In the meantime I’m hoping the GOPers will either get primaried by candidates so awful the democrat wins or these antics to appeal to fascists will sour so many GOP voters, the jerks just stay home.

If I had a child who was trans, I would seriously be looking into moving. I’m a big believer in people staying and actually trying to change this state rather than moving somewhere more comfortable. But the trans kids are in physical danger and that is different.

Fuck

12 Likes

They are putting forth laws and policies that deny women and children access to medical care, prevent businesses from functioning, encourage children to suffer or die from COVID, or encourage children suffer or die from lack of gender-confirming medical care, and prevent people from exercising their 14th, 15th, 19th, 24th, and 26th Amendment rights.

This is all from the party that claims to (checks notes) be for personal liberty, free enterprise, The Constitution, and small government.

12 Likes

The Terf gaze.

16 Likes

WFT? Do they even listen to themselves? Because they are definitely the baddies.

13 Likes

Phrenology for the 21st century.

13 Likes

This. This this this. It’s “lesbians in the girls’ changing rooms” all over again.

10 Likes