Today’s non-US mass shooting (or attacks with other means than firearms)

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

OMFG, rest-of-the-world! DO NOT DO WHAT WE DO HERE!!! It does not work, it never has and it never will!

Sad Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

5 Likes

Canada, be better than us. Come on!

5 Likes

Unfortunately, we aren’t. But we have fewer guns.

In this case, though, the shooter had a number of long guns and handguns registered to him, which should have been a red flag.

4 Likes

BBC News - Children among several stabbed in south-eastern France

3 Likes

Police intervened and the perpetrator was shot in the legs.

Please note this, American gun nuts. Because this is standard doctrine in most of Europe, but every time I mention it as an alternative to deadly violence in such situations I am told this would never work. Despite it being, again, taught and practiced in many countries.

7 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Think of it this way: this thread was started in December of 2020. Two and a half years later, there are 52 posts.

The US mass murder thread averages that many per day, probably.

5 Likes

A 31-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after three people were found dead in Nottingham city centre early on Tuesday morning, Nottinghamshire Police say.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-england-nottinghamshire-65888114

6 Likes

I think there’s a slight under reporting happening in the US thread and a massive one here. Much of the world never gets a look in, including some of the most violent places on Earth.

7 Likes

In three different streets in the city centre. Not one horrific moment, but three, connected ones.

6 Likes

BBC News - Nottingham attacks: What we know so far

3 Likes

:thinking:

4 Likes

Today, an 18-year-old trainee undergoing basic training to join the Japanese Ground Self Defense Forces (the equivalent of an army) opened fire on on-base personnel with an automatic weapon at a practice firing range in Gifu, killing two and injuring one. He was wrestled to the ground and placed under arrest.

2 Likes

Fake News! everybody in there was armed. So it was full of good guys with a gun.

2 Likes