Today’s non-US mass shooting (or attacks with other means than firearms)

God, we do seem to be exporting our worst ideas. You might say, we are not sending our finest. I am so sorry…

3 Likes

The “right to acquire, keep and bear firearms” is recognised in Czech firearms legislation, while a constitutional amendment made to the charter of fundamental rights as recently as 2021 legally guarantees “the right to defend one’s own life or the life of another person with a weapon”.

2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

(Stupid max-2-posts-in-a-row is stupid.)

9 Likes

Live updates:

Two suspects: one shot dead by a female police officer (he was rushing people with a knife at the time), the other is still being searched for. Multiple deaths, many more going to hospital, including a nine month old baby. It is, as I write this, an active situation.

9 Likes

Sydney stabbing live updates: Westfield Bondi Junction attack leaves six dead, including attacker shot by police, and multiple people in critical condition Sydney stabbing live updates: Westfield Bondi Junction attack leaves six dead, including attacker shot by police, and multiple people in critical condition | Bondi Junction stabbings | The Guardian

The Police haven’t made a statement on any motive yet.
For context, it is worth noting this occurred in an affluent area of Sydney with a large Jewish community.

4 Likes

It’s also a busy shopping center in more-or-less central Sydney, on a Saturday. I don’t think there was any sign of targeting here.

Apparently the infant is in surgery, and I’ve heard reports that one of the deceased was its mother.

8 Likes

Seven dead now, including the culprit.

7 Likes

Edit:
"Cauchi had moved from the Brisbane area and rented a “very small” storage unit in Sydney which police searched overnight, Cooke said.

Cooke would not say what police found in the unit, which Guardian Australia understands was only about 1 cubic square metre in size."

Renting in Sydney is no joke.

Second edit:

This is truly horrible.
He seemed to be targeting women.
Can we call this femicide?

6 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

Between this and the Australian mass stabbing, we will once again be hearing about how “if you take away guns, they will just use knives, or hammers.” Or swords, I guess. Without taking into account the difference is number of casualties involved. God, I hate this timeline.

8 Likes

A 13 year old boy who was attacked in Hainault has died.

I hate this fucking timeline, and all the fucking assholes in it.

5 Likes

https://www.portugalresident.com/17-year-old-portuguese-computer-nerd-suspected-of-ordering-school-massacres/

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes