Today's mass shootings

23 Likes

27 so far this year.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

17 Likes

Yes, there were more children killed in school shootings this year than on-duty law enforcement officers killed by gunfire

24 Likes

Gee, I wonder why. ACAB

8 Likes

out like some sort of Super Robocop wearing Mithral Mail or some shit, and 3 cops threw everything they had at him but he got into the school anyway.

Now we find out that there wasn’t any “body armor,” the 3 cops didn’t do shit except say, “pretty please, don’t go in,” they called their dozen or so buddies to come, who proceed to do absolutely nothing except prevent parents from doing anything (tasers included).

“They left the shooter in a classroom so a couple of them could run into to rescue their own kids, and then ran out. They didn’t do anything else until the Border Patrol, who they called, showed up, though I have no fucking idea what the BP has to do with this. The cops even got another kid killed because they ran in and said, we’re cops who needs help!,and some kid shouted and the shooter shot him.

This might be even more horrifying than it sounds at first.“

21 Likes

And the award for “Most Asinine Essay Ever” goes to this bothsides-shitbag:

10 Likes

It’s hard to give a bothsidesist argument any serious consideration when the person making it is so clearly in the tank for one side

W. James Antle III is the politics editor of the Washington Examiner , the former editor of The American Conservative, and author of Devouring Freedom: Can Big Government Ever Be Stopped?.

15 Likes
18 Likes

We need AR-15’s for….uh….alien attacks?

9 Likes

This shit is indefensible.

22 Likes

That’s child endangerment and should be reported.

20 Likes

And a particular kind of grooming.

22 Likes

Man, remember when the go-to for arguing with libertarians was “would you want to live in Somalia, then”? Because nobody could possibly prefer to live in a failed state like that, one where things have gotten so bad it even has thousands of child soldiers?

Those were, apparently, good times. :disappointed:

15 Likes

(Not a Sinclair station.)

12 Likes

Please try to lift yourself out of despair. I can’t know what it’s like living under American conditions, but as an Australian, I was very depressed about the federal election held this past Saturday. I had no hope there’d be a change of government or that the electorate I live in, a baked-on Liberal seat (equivalent to Republican), would change direction. But, guess what? My electorate is in the hands of an independent for at least the next three years, and the arsehole, complacent Liberals have been kicked out federally!

TL;DR: change can happen, even when it seems unlikely. Please hang in there.

18 Likes

The saying, for those unfamiliar with it, is a bible verse, Proverbs 22:6, not used in quite the way the original authors intended.

17 Likes

it’s not the first time that i’ve wondered whether active shooter drills help to create school shooters. maybe breaking down the wall of what might violent actions are possible. it feels like there must be a difference – viscerally – between knowing that gun killings happen in schools generally, and living through these drills where you feel like it’s happening in your school.

and it certainly can’t help to heap the trauma of these drills on kids who are already troubled. ( or… on anyone )

10 Likes

That pointing finger just skeeves me the fuck out (I mean above and beyond the astronomical levels of skeeve in the rest of the picture)

13 Likes

Portrait of a child who would be much happier with a toy truck or a puppy.

17 Likes
12 Likes