Today's mass shootings

10 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
11 Likes

BBC News - Four dead at US teen birthday party shooting

7 Likes

This is a horrible tragedy. Absolutely awful.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Out of an abundance of caution, the Jasper County Sheriff’s Office and the Texas Department of Public Safety will provide added security at school districts get rid of guns throughout Jasper County, according to the release.

a suggested fix for texas officials :confused:

6 Likes
4 Likes
12 Likes

Is there a shoot random neighbors/strangers challenge on TikTok??

7 Likes

“The members of the sheriff’s office are relentless when it comes to seeking justice for victims.”

A neighbor of both men confirmed that history to Chicago ABC station WLS alleging that Lacchei had pulled a gun on Martys at least once before.

“relentless” after doing nothing to prevent the murder is cold comfort to the victim’s family i’m sure.

11 Likes

“I am happy Mr. Martys’ family can begin the closure and healing process.”

There, see? Everybody is all closed and healed now. Or real soon.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Jesus Christ, this detail from the WaPo coverage:

Oropeza frequently shot the gun in his yard, Capers said, and allegedly became angry when the neighbors said their baby was trying to sleep around or after 11 p.m. Authorities saw video footage of Oropeza walking up to the victims’ front door before going inside.

The gun fetishists in this country are so entitled and so unstable that “can you please avoid firing your military-grade weapons in your front yard after 11pm so our baby can sleep?” is enough to send one into a murderous rage.

11 Likes

I’m waiting for this to somehow be castle law.

1 Like

With (to my knowledge) only the unconnected and powerless being massacred, things won’t change in ‘gun world’.

4 Likes

Not when you’re in someone else’s castle. More likely, the pro gun crowd will say if this family had also been armed, this wouldn’t have happened. Still bullshit, though.

10 Likes

It sounds like it was a foreign national living in Texas that did this, so … there’s a very good chance that the pro gun crowd will say exactly that.

EDIT: My bad, initial news reports I read said Mexican, but he’s Honduran.

EDIT2: Jesus, now the reports I’m reading on CNN say the family was Honduran and don’t mention the shooter’s nationality, other than to say the Sherriff’s been in contact with his consulate and they have a recent identity card from that consulate.

2 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

13 Likes