Today's mass shootings

@Mindysan33, you are not anywhere near this, are you?

7 Likes

No, it’s in midtown… I hope they catch him quickly…

Also, it looks like it’s at a Northside Medical in midtown there (it’s on West Peachtree St.).

13 Likes

I found this weird and scary the first time you asked

This is, what, the third time this month?

:grimacing:

6 Likes

And it’s only the 3rd of the month

8 Likes

I worry about my kid when she goes down to campus sometimes. I worry more about a mass shooting than the other kind of crimes that most suburbanites worry about… it’s a relatively open campus (some buildings are locked via cards, like dorms, some class room buildings, etc) that anyone can access, with a highly diverse population, in what was once a school accessible only to white people (though since it’s become a research level uni, it’s been highly diverse).

16 Likes

I meant in Atlanta within the last month, but America gets through shootings faster than I get through biscuits in tea so, yeah, probably true.

14 Likes

Yeah, this isn’t what we mean when we call it “hotlanta”… :sob:

7 Likes

Arm the doctors?

Marge is on it, she hasn’t even tweeted thoughts and prayers yet.

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 15-01-22 Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸 on Twitter

3 Likes

Fuuuuck. A friggin’ medical center. What the hell is going on???

10 Likes

The poor carjacker that was just out for a routine carjacking picked the wrong day to commit that crime. He should probablly turn himself in before he gets dead.

5 Likes

They have him in custody and he was the car jacker.

7 Likes

This image of the LEOs responding to this shooting just brings Cop City to my mind. As a kid watching cops shows like S.W.A.T., special teams used a van and looked a lot less like the military was rolling down the street. :cry: Hopefully, more pols will come to agree with Georgia’s Senators on this problem:

9 Likes
21 Likes

Wait, you can do that? I had no idea!!

Oh My God Reaction GIF

12 Likes

Well, THEY can do that. It’s apparently beyond our capabilities.

11 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

Mississippi.

2 Likes

Do not go on twitter looking for info on the Allen, TX one. There’s video, there’s images, and twitter’s not doing shit to shut it down.

I’m of two minds on releasing images from mass shootings. Though doing so now is very bad. Families haven’t been notified if their loved ones were affected. I have no doubt about why Twitter isn’t shutting it down. That is all about lack of staff and Elon being a ghoul

On eventually releasing images and videos: We shouldn’t be glorifying mass shootings but at the same time people do need to understand what the consequences of our lack of gun control and pro-gun culture are. This is an issue for several families of the victims of the shooting at Ross Elementary School in Uvalde. I hate that I have to be so specific so everyone knows which shooting I am referring to. Anyway- some of the families want the photographs and video to be released so people understand how bad gun violence is. But other families feel this would be traumatizing for them and re-traumatizing for the survivors. At least some historians think it was the photographs from concentration camps that finally caused the US public to understand how evil the Holocaust was. There are some who hope the realities of mass shootings could do the same.
Perhaps any lawmaker who will vote on a gun control or gun loosening measure should be forced to listen and look. So they understand the impact of their decision

7 Likes