Today's mass shootings

That, and it’s Florida, where one apparently has the right to hand a flame thrower to a toddler without any culpability.

5 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes

They skipped right over 1. male; 2. white; 3. history of violence against women?

9 Likes

Of the three you mention, the only one they skipped over was the “male” part.

5 Likes

I get what you’re saying, but I was referring to the short list of 4 attributes the title referred to in the first part of the article:

• childhood trauma,
  • a personal crisis or specific grievance,
  • a “script” or examples that validate their feelings or provide a roadmap,
  • access to a firearm.

They emphasize mental illness way too much in that article.

I also wasn’t too keen on the way they split out the different categories in order to “find” differences between the profiles of the different shooters. In aggregate, it still comes right back to the big three attributes I refer to.

11 Likes

Yeah, my thought going into it was:

1. White
  2. Male
  3. Wife-beater
  4. With a gun.
11 Likes

So odd that these things keep “happening”…

8 Likes
15 Likes

21 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

10 Likes

Was going to post it but the topic was locked? I guess I missed a kerfuffle.

Looks like two killed and the shooter took his own life.

6 Likes

SOS DD

6 Likes

Four dead. I was planning to visit the museum this morning since I’m in the area. Looks like the base is shut down and being evacuated.

SOS DoD indeed.

8 Likes

Bad day in Florida

10 Likes

Goddammit…

7 Likes

Not a shooting, yet. But JFC.
My daughter’s school. Threats of a shooting have been made all week. Two arrests. On Thursday only 600 kids went to school, out of 2300 enrollment. The police said the threats were “not credible” but credible enough to 80% of the student body (who no doubt know those making the threats).

Would link to more descriptive Chicago Tribune article, but paywalled.

http://mvhs.ipsd.org/News.aspx?id=105991

10 Likes

13 Likes