Today's mass shootings

Stopping him prior to loss of life is a definite improvement.

19 Likes

Ok, so this is fallout from mass shooting, but WTF? Proper response to antisemitic mass shooting is to *sue the synagogue? *

10 Likes

It sounds like the complainant is a congregant in the place of worship attacked by this anti-Semitic piece of garbage. It’s a Chabad (basically an ultra-Orthodox messianic cult) synagogue, so sadly I’m not surprised. Religious fundie communities tend to have a disproportionate number of opportunists in their midst, and for some of them screwing over a co-religionist is the biggest accomplishment of them all.

7 Likes

Developing:

"The New Jersey State PBA also tweeted: “We need a lot of prayers right now for Jersey City officers. Keep all those involved in your thoughts.”

5 Likes

Same incident, I believe.

6 Likes

rolling my eyes so hard they’re going to get stuck that way

10 Likes

Update

7 Likes

Hard to even fathom what kind of arms and ammo two people could be carrying around that would allow them to carry on a running firefight with the full weight of a major city’s police force for hours.

11 Likes

At a kosher market. The authorities are saying that it’s a drug deal gone bad and that terrorism isn’t involved, but there was also an “incendiary device” found in nearby vehicle and they say that it will take months to figure out what happened. Hmmm…

12 Likes

11 Likes

Maybe that should be updated to

NOBODY TOLD ME WE’D BE
DEALING WITH THIS STUFF 
ON A NEAR-DAILY BASIS.
13 Likes

Fuck; I know, right?

Strange fucking Days, indeed…

12 Likes

Yeah, about that:

13 Likes

Yep.

Mayor de Blasio:

“This tragically confirms that a growing pattern of violent antisemitism has now turned into a crisis for our nation. And now this threat has reached the doorstep of New York City.”

It’s been camping out at 721–725 Fifth Ave. for decades, but it took a move to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave to make it into a national crisis.

16 Likes

This is my surprised face: :no_mouth:

15 Likes

Priorities reveal your values…

13 Likes

But they just happened to know IMMEDIATELY that the shooting in FL by the Saudi citizen was terrorism… Assholes.

12 Likes

It was only a matter of time before one of these aggro arseholes moved from amusing street theatre to assault.

9 Likes

Just a quick reminder (not to you…to the general public!) that there are actual black Jews who are not part of this hate group. Ethiopian Jews, for example, who made it to Israel via a modern-day Underground Railroad that took a few decades to get everyone out (those who hadn’t been killed yet).

16 Likes

Not a mass shooting, but the anniversary of one.

An interesting perspective from this person:

8 Likes