Toddler, 4 more injured at coronavirus party shooting in Philadelphia

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/31/toddler-4-more-injured-at-cor.html

Police say 2-year-old boy taken to hospital in critical condition after being shot in the back

6 Likes

I’m afraid our precious national stockpile of thoughts and prayers will soon run out.

20 Likes

12 Likes

giphy-8

12 Likes

Evidence that the assholery of the world goes on despite the pandemic. Also Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!!!

16 Likes

I don’t think it was a “coronavirus party”, it was just a birthday party. Having a party despite isolation orders is bad enough, but let’s not completely demonize the fucking victims here.

I wonder if the murderer is going to brag to his friends about how brave he was, shooting a toddler in the back. Piece of excrement.

21 Likes

No, there’s plenty left. The trick is they aren’t actually praying at all.

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others.” — Matthew 6:5

13 Likes

ypc

1 Like

My thoughts are that the shooter is not human - he is a hyena that learned how to walk on 2 legs. My prayers are that he die painfully.

But, the NRA will tell you there’s one bright spot in all the gloom. Since the gun stores are still open, it will be easy for him to replenish his ammunition stocks.

What the hell, 99.9% of them were blank and hollow and meaningless to begin with.

In Spring 2020, every large gathering is a coronavirus party.

14 Likes

So the gunman aimed from a distance into a crowd and somehow managed to shoot only women and children?

So many unanswered questions.

3 Likes

ded

Some things don’t have answers. It’s just dumb luck. :confused:

I hear ya, but there are levels of stupidity. “I think I’m OK to drive” may have the same end result, but “Let’s get really drunk and go driving!!” is still worse.

WTAF.

1 Like

…the party, which was held in honor of a man who had been shot several days ago…

Doesn’t sound like a birthday.

1 Like

doesn’t sound like a coincidence, but of course everybody has birthdays

1 Like

Is that true? What other types of shops are still open in the US? Here in the UK it’s essentials only. Basically supermarkets.