Toddler picks up snake instead of stick while playing fetch with dog

I finally caught this Thor yesterday and that was the funniest scene. The look on Hiddleston’s face was priceless.

3 Likes

Apparently that scene was ad-libbed too; that look of puzzled concentration on Mark Ruffalo’s face was basically him just trying to hold it together instead of bursting out laughing. Taika Waititi described the process in an interview:

“Yeah, that was basically, we did about six different versions of that story, and that was just us standing around while the cameras were rolling and I would just feed them lines and feed Chris ideas for stories. I’d say, “Do another one, in this one say: ‘I was walking through a field, and I saw a lovey Turkish rug in the middle of the grass, and I love Turkish rugs, so I went to stand on it, and it was Loki, and he turned back into Loki and there was a hole and I fell through the hole was was impaled on a whole lot of spikes.’” So we did versions of that, and the one with the snake just ended up being the one we used.”

10 Likes

It’s the “Snakes on a Plane” principle. No one ever wonders what that movie was about.

Here’s one I saw on a bike ride a couple of years ago. No prizes for guessing what we call a yellow and black striped snake. This one was only about 40cm long - just an infant.

9 Likes

" In Australia, the native eucalyptus trees are also known to explode during bush fires due to the high flammability of vaporised eucalyptus oil produced by the tree naturally.

So more true than you think :slight_smile:

12 Likes

The kid reminds me of a young Indiana Jones.

5 Likes

What is he supposed to do, follow one step behind wherever the kid goes?

6 Likes

I would, but I live in a place where many snakes are more or less instantly fatal.

4 Likes

Actually quite a lucky escape there - rodent teeth are super sharp. A friend of mine got his finger bitten down to the bone in an accidental squirrel encounter.

2 Likes

Do they, like, stiffen themselves, with their heads at an angle, and hit the ball that way?

Ok, I’ll bite (oops - I see what I did there). Is it a yellow-striped black snake or a black-striped yellow snake?

6 Likes

Wasn’t it 30-50? You could handle 30-40 of them by throwing snakes at them but you would definitely need an assault rifle if you would be facing 30-50.

2 Likes

I love them. One moved into our backyard and soon after our mole problem was gone.

3 Likes

Isn’t it?

I laughed so hard at this. I REALLY needed that.

The wind and ice here in New England can make the sticks quite aggressive, too.

Close - we have just enough imagination to call it a tiger snake.

5 Likes

Tiger snake is boring.

What we need round here are some snake tigers.

1 Like

2 Likes

poor snek just wanted pets.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.